Saturday, March 04, 2006

Sunny Saturday snippets

Observations of a Saturday in Beaverton Oregon:

I left at 10:30 this morning and hit the Target over by Hwy 217 in Beaverton. Got some cleaning supplies to clean my mom's bathroom for her. Also got some body wash. Had a moment in the cleaning supply section after spotting Fabuloso, complete with Spanish label. Paid for my goods after a surprisingly short wait for Target on a Saturday. From there, I went to the Latino Market and got a phone card to call Mexico. Then I went to Starbucks for a Peppermint Mocha .

I would say that probably 85% of the people I had to deal with during this 45 minute period were jerks. People cut you off, run to get in line in front of you, talk loudly on the phone, have horrible manners at all times, and let their kids run amok in public. I stepped over a napping dog while exiting the Starbucks and said hello to the pup. The three people in charge of him looked at me like I was crazy. I decided then that I like animals WAY more than I like people.

From there I went to Nail Express and got a pedicure. As you all know, Ha is no longer there, so I got Mary. She was very nice. She didn't have much English (well, she just wasn't that clear, that's all) but she also didn't understand me very well, which was fine. She gave a mean massage and even double-lotioned my legs. They needed it.

I detoured through what used to be the 'hood because frankly I HAVEN'T SEEN A MEXICAN IN 2 WEEKS. Seriously. We are overrun with Russians and Asians, but all this bitterness everyone has against Mexicans in Oregon, good Lord, where the hell ARE they all? I go LOOKING for them and I can't find them!

I went and got Tom and we went to my mom's and I cleaned and he ran to the 7-11 for some cigarettes for her. When I was done I ran to the Rite Aid to get her some drug stuff - vitamins and stuff that cost a flipping fortune. I can't get over how expensive it is to live. Or continue to live, I should say. It was frustrating in the Rite Aid because of course they never have what you need and you have to ask, but even though they speak the same language, they don't help you. New Rule: Don't expect anyone who makes less than $10 per hour to bother helping you. They just don't give a shit. People suck.

Later I am going over to the Winco to see if I can find some good ingredients because thanks to Beaverton and its apparent disdain for Mexicans, so much so that the Mexicans are flipping HIDING, you can't find anything in the way of ingredients here - sure you can find Valentina and Tapatio, and enchilada sauce in a can, but that's about it. And they aren't WRAPS, you yuppie pansy motherfuckers, they are tortillas.

1 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, March 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, Yoice - are we bitter here?

You need to come to Jeff's soccer games (though he got a red card yesterday, so he can't play next week) and you'll see plenty of people of hispanic descent.

- Jodi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home