Saturday, March 04, 2006

Here's another one of those empty posts

So you know how the weather reports for Cancun always say rain and the tourists always flip out and think that their vacations are going to be completely rained out and then it rarely does? Well for the last 2 weeks (is that all it's been? Good Lord.) the weather report has said "rain" here and though it has a few times, it really hasn't much. In mid winter (December, January etc) it rained like a son of a bitch here, but apparently that trend is over? I don't know. Yesterday it was pretty clear (sunny?) most of the day but when I looked at the news last night (since I have no life I just come home and watch the 6 o'clock news) it said rain rain and more rain for the rest of my life (or at least like the next week). Well, sure as shit, its like 7:30am Saturday and it hasn't rained a drop. Clouds and stuff, but not full on overcast, and there is a sort of lightness in the sky. I'm not bitching, I just don't get it.

So yeah, nothing much going on. Just going to "work" (in quotes because frankly I am not doing anything. I mean, I go there, I get a coffee, I log on to the computer, I make some phone calls to clients, but I am not really working. I mean, there isn't anything to do. I feel bad about that, but I guess I shouldn't complain, right? It's just that it's a long day when you are doing much of nothing.) and then coming home. Which for now is temporary. As is everything. What I really need is a pedicure. I think I will call whatever the hell the name of the nail place is that I go to and get one today. Hm, good thinking. Real pedicure chairs! Not just a sling back beach chair and a little foot bath. Though now that I am back to "reality" of course I miss the bush league-ness of it all...

What else? Looking at airfare for June. I need to phone that Eder and get some details regarding this wedding. But his English is pretty much job English, let's face it, and I am not sure I can pull it off. I just talked to Joe this morning, he and Janet have a wedding themselves to DJ today, the club is coming along nicely it sounds like. Wish I was there to see it but all this "wishing" gets me no where. I think that when I have a goal in mind I work better, so I am going to have to sit down and see what I want to do. I'll let you know how it turns out.

For now, gotta take a shower and get the day going, call Xiang (sounds like "Jan") for the pedicure and then go swing by the mom's house to see if she needs something since I am driving her car around and all that. Just another day 3500 miles away from paradise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home