Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Last entry from Los Picos #4...

Today Martha is coming over to get my modem and take it to Cablemas so I can get my final bill from them. So after about 4pm I will no longer have internet access (which isn't really true since I can use a cafe or the business center from VCI). I move over to Isla with Vic tomorrow so I will definitely be away from the net then, but I'll remain in touch while I am in the zh.

I can't believe I am only here another 2 1/2 weeks. I have no idea what the future has in store for me back in Oregon. I know it will be a little mini-adventure - it has to be. I hope to HELL I get a job.

Victoria and her man went on a timeshare presentation at the Mayan Palace yesterday, so they ferried over around 9am and were at that resort for a long while. I hate those things, and I especially hate Mayan Palace - they are just ruthless and so deceptive. He already owned and was wanting to upgrade to be able to use his time at Grand Mayan resorts - after like 3 hours they ended up selling him more Mayan Palace - which started the process all over again. Vic called me at like 12:45 and said - okay, we're just about done, go ahead and we'll meet you at the beach outside the bus station (the MP people were going to then get Vic and Duane down to Playa for the rest of the day so we planned on me meeting them down there). I get dressed, am out the door, on the bus minutes after arriving at the depot, and am in Playa at about 2:15. Walk down to the beach, no Vic. She has a bum knee so it's not like she could get very far. I walked up and down a few streets and around the beach areas, etc, still couldn't find them. Around 3:15 I sat down and thought I would give them another 1/2 hour, and if they didn't show up I would just go back home. Then the phone rang.

Apparently they were still at the MP - they discovered they were not getting what they wanted so they cancelled the one deal and started on another. It was done as she was phoning. I told her I would wait at the bar at the beach there (Las Piñatas). Two beers later they arrived (flipping $42 pesos for 1 beer, good Christ), and Duane went off to the beach while Vic and I shopped. She bought a couple of fun jewelery items and then later we went back to Las Piñatas and had some dinner. Our waiter was engaging and after we were leaving he pulled me over to the bar and gave me a shot of tequila. Is it stamped on my forehead or something?

Back on the bus and back to Cancun by 9:15, I was home by 9:30pm. It was a longish day in some aspects. They are coming back to Cancun today to do something, not sure what, and I would really like to not have anything to do today, but I think I am out of luck on that one. Anyway you slice it I have to be back here by 4pm to give Martha the modem.

By the way, I submitted a help request to Blogger Support for the whole sidebar issue I have going on, not sure why it is all the way at the bottom of the page, but hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Perhaps I will post again from VCI.

Ciao ~ the last post EVER from Los Picos #4, Depto 432... ¡Que triste!

1 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, February 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joyce,
I'm looking forward to picking you up on the 18th and having you chillax at my hacienda. I, will, however, miss reading the blog; when I'm daydreaming at work, I just plug in and live vicariously through your adventures a la Cancun. I should think you would be quite sad about leaving.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home