Sunday, January 22, 2006

I made it!

I made it through a Friday and Saturday night without staying out until the next day! I am so proud of myself! Friday I didn't do a dang thing (which helps tremendously) and Saturday night I went to Manolo and Erick's house with Janet and Joe and another couple for cocktails. Got there around 9:15 or so and got home around 2am. Two drinks only, pleasant conversation, lots of laughing, and home to a good solid night's sleep. Maybe it was just a phase. I am sure I don't have anything to worry about.

This week's agenda - packing. I have to figure out a separate suitcase to send back with Victoria and then weed out all the rest of the stuff that won't fit in the other 2 suitcases that I will be taking back. Then I have to farm out the rest of the crap I have accumulated and make sure that I have one suitcase that is primarily vacation clothes. Well, maybe I'll just live out of both. Counting down now. My current motivating factors are a) a stove and oven, b) a garbage disposal, c) my Dansko clogs and Coach bags and d) a Starbucks on every corner. It's sort of become a mantra.

I love it here, I really do, but I have found that if you convince yourself that the next step is a good one and that you are making the right choice, then it's all good. I see me returning to live here again, just don't know when. It is a fact that there is no accounting for the unknown, and Lord only knows where I will be mentally in a year. Or six months. Or whatever. Gotta just go with the flow and have faith in what you want, even if you don't know what that is.

Change is good, and I love a challenge.

Off to Caliente to watch football for the rest of the day, it's sort of a bummer when it's so close to the end. But the next thing you know, pitchers and catchers will be reporting. Good news all around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home