Thursday, December 29, 2005

Go Ducks!

Okay I just want to start by saying I got up this morning at 7am and it was 59 degrees. I had to wait for my fingers to thaw before blogging.

Today the University of Oregon Fighting Ducks take on Oklahoma in San Diego for the Holiday Bowl. Starts at 7pm my time. I'll be watching it at Caliente. The problem is I only have one Duck tshirt that I haven't slept in, a windjacket that might be a little too warm even for the heavily air conditioned Caliente, and a baseball cap. Maybe I will just wear a yellow tshirt and bring the windjacket... Wardrobe aside, GO DUCKS! First game I will have seen all year. That'll change.

So Nancy's white elephant holiday party was fun. I think I got in around 11pm, not a late night at all, and I won another of Helen's homemade dolls. Not exactly sure how I will be packing those two things for home but I think I will keep them. They are cushy so maybe I can cram them into some corner of a suitcase.

That was Monday, what's been going on since? Not a whole lot. Went grocery shopping with Janet on Tuesday, woo hoo, what excitement. Yesterday I spent the day at the soon-to-be opening "My Place" with Janet and Joe and Kim and Arturo. It's going to be nice but it's a huge project. Let's hope they get it open when they want - around the beginning of March. Kim had some great ideas about signage and things like that. It was a beautiful day in the zona and around 2 Janet and I walked over to Plaza Caracol, and then got some lunch at Philly Cheesesteak with Ralph and Carol. That was nice. Party Central is a beehive of activity, and there are definitely tourists about. Lots of construction still. DadyO opened up last night (woo... hoo?) and Dady Rock tonight (I was invited to go tonight but I clearly have other plans). There is talk of going there for NYE, but since I have never been there, I am not sure if I really want to. We'll see. Perhaps something different will be in store for me. Who knows.

Today I am not sure what is on the agenda (besides tonight's game. Are you reading this, Tootie? It is my focus for the day). Perhaps back to the zona and the almost-club (well, right now it's just a big building full of rubble but one day it will reach "almost" status). I wouldn't mind getting out and about for a little bit, at least somewhere. Maybe I can convince that Janet to go looking around Mercado 23 or something.

Every day is a psyche-out for the impending move. Sooner or later I better book that ticket. I also better figure out where the heck I am going to live from Feb 1 to Feb 3 - Janet and Joe are living in a studio at Solymar - basically a hotel room. Not a lot of room for bunking. I'll have to figure something out, the idea of building a fort out of my suitcases and sleeping on the beach might be exciting for Benny but not necessarily for me.

Off to shower and start my day. Perhaps my next instalment will be a little more exciting.

1 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, August 17, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ducks lose.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home