Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I'm only doing this to make you guys happy

Seriously, I have nothing to report. N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

Except...Monday I did NOT go to the beach. I can't even remember what I did. Obviously nothing. Surfed the web. Tried to finish this Peter Straub book I can't seem to finish (it's "In the Night Room", and I don't know what to think of it. As of this morning I have like 3 pages left and I just wish it would be over. The only Peter Straub I have ever read were the collaborations with Stephen King and this one is just exhausting. It just didn't pull me in at all. But you gotta read something right? It's almost over with, I know I can make it. I just want it out of my apartment already because every time I see it that song "When the Night Comes" pops into my head and I can't get it out, and I don't know enough of the song so I only hear the parts I remember, over and over and over again, and... I don't know, maybe I have finally lost my mind and am just barely holding on to the last bits of sanity remaining...). I may have made some noodles for dinner. I am thinking I never unlocked the top lock of my apartment door (something that I do the first time I open the door for anything, but then never lock until its time for bed – the bottom lock automatically locks, you always need a key to get into the bottom lock from outside, so luckily I have never forgotten my keys when I have stepped out or I would be screwed. Knock on wood though, still have 2 months left here).

Tuesday morning I met Kim at 9am (rather, she picked me up) and we went over to Buzz Café and had some coffee and discussed HiddenCancun. It was a pretty productive meeting and I have some things to work on in the meantime. Coffee lasted until around 1pm (which happens, we seem to have a lot to talk about and these occasional meet ups tend to last for a long time; it makes more sense to meet more often but we all have our schedules).

By the way, welcome to TANGENT DAY!

So after that, it was like 1pm, it was crappy out, and then it even started to rain, so I bagged taking my laundry over (yeah right, like I would have in the middle of the day), threw on some house clothes and chilled the rest of the day away.

This morning it is sunny. I will (I mean it, I WILL) go over and get some sun. I have already dropped the laundry off, chit chatted with Ernesto, stopped by the Oxxo (LOVE the Oxxo) to get some supplies, and finished the dishes. I have my Harvey so I am not sure how safe it will be to actually go to the beach but I haven’t been since Sunday and I sort of feel bad. But yeah, we’ll see. I shouldn’t feel GUILTY about it, should I? I mean, the tan is coming back. I don’t look totally haggard and all road-map-face-y like those old white women who get too much sun (yet). I need to remember that this freaking year off is FOR ME and not really anyone else. Jeez. Get over it already.

I remember now, by the way, something of note from Monday. I was laying in bed at around 11:10pm, just went to bed so not yet asleep, and the phone rang. It was Raul, out driving and needing to use a computadora. He needed to download something, thought about the internet café across from my apartment and then thought, Gee, I haven’t seen Joyce in forever, why not phone? I did not tell him I was in bed. Instead I told him to come on over and then scrambled around trying to make myself somewhat presentable. Surprisingly the apartment still doesn’t look half bad since Saundra’s whirlwind cleaning back in November. He came over and stayed until 1am or so, chit chatting. He is going back to Mexico before Christmas, like around the 21st or so. Not sure for how long. I will see him at the Christmas Tea this weekend, he has to do the karaoke there (for free, that sucks). After that, who knows.

My cable internet has been out for the past like 15 minutes but I was lucky enough to paste this to a word document before losing anything. I think anyway. I wonder how long it will be out today. I should just freaking go to the beach already.

1 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, December 07, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you went to the GD beach. If I could go to the beach, I WOULD... OK I could but it's like 40 freaking degrees here...and windy as all get out, so feels like about 30. I am thinking about what it will be like when (if) you come back and we won't have anything to read anymore! Well hopefully we can SEE you more often and you won't be so busy as before...after a year off I think your mindset just can't jump right back into that sort of schedule...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home