Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Cold snap

I got up this morning at 6am and it was 61 degrees outside. SIXTY ONE. It hasn't been that cold here in like forever. As I type this it is 75 degrees and I am wearing a sweatshirt over a tshirt and a pair of sweat pants. I am freezing.

My life continues on its boring trend. I went to VCI this morning around 11:30 and stayed until 1:30 (pre-trip I used to tan every morning at the Bally's after working out, but the beds were so old that I probably got more color sitting under the flourescent lights at work. It was cheap though, $35/mo unlimited). Two hours every couple of days has brought my tan back to life, and though I am not at my peak, when Joanie comes Friday I will be back in business. I never get this tan in Oregon. Mostly because I don't have the time and the weekend tanning binge always starts out rough, too much too soon and then by the next weekend it has all peeled off anyway. Discouraging. It will be very difficult for me to go back to pasty white knowing there is nothing I can do about it. I didn't lay out much in the summer here because it was 900 degrees out with 100% humidity and there isn't much point to laying in a pool of your own sweat. Lots of flies, not so inviting. Plus the whole summer-without-afternoon-running-water situation sort of put a damper on the idea.

So yeah, that's pretty much all I got right now. Sitting here typing in my sweats. Waiting for the hard-boiled eggs to cool off before I make a salad for dinner. Hoping I didn't give my can of black olives to Elizabeth post-Wilma. Talking about my tan. Ho-hum.

Janet, if you are reading this, don't be so selfish. Come home already.

1 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, November 22, 2005, Blogger Laurel Rubia said...

I finally checked out your blog. It's inspirational.
It was damn cold today wasn't it? Reminds of the friggin' U.S. in the winter, where I was never warm enough except in July.
I hope you are surviving your Janet-less state. Feel free to bend my ear if you need to chat. And we should get together soon. - K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home