Friday, November 18, 2005

A bird pooped on my hand.

Yesterday Janet and I went to VCI around 10am. It was cloudy so we detoured down toward the Over 30 club to see if they had done anything to it (they hadn't). Then we travelled back toward VCI. Things are being worked on, less garbage, more buds on the trees. It's coming. Anyway, we got to VCI and saw Eder and chit chatted with him for a little while, then got our normal spot by the pool steps. I stayed dressed because it was totally cloudy, but after a little while it started to clear and by 11 or so we were in full sun. The pool is freezing.

We were laying on our stomachs and chit chatting and I am sure I was in the middle of a story when it happened. Just one more second of self control and that bird crap would have been in my hair. It was pretty gross, and there was a lot of it. Not sure what I did to deserve it, but sometimes I think bad thoughts and that had to be my karmic just-desserts.

We hung out and then we got some lunch and laid out a little bit more. Happy hour is now from 1 to 5pm but we had plenty to do later and didn't want to get bogged down by banana monkeys. We walked over to the other pool and saw Angel, chit chatted with him a bit. He invited me to dinner at his house next week, we'll see if that happens.

Last night we went to visit Sergio at Over 30 centro. He is a waiter there, not a manager, and he works 3 nights a week and then works with a/c units with his friend in the mornings. He is tired. We had some drinks and found out that B4 was playing, which was fun. I met some guy from Monterrey with zero English but he is tall and I had a brief moment of indiscretion that I am sure was noticed by people who know me, but who cares. It was brief.

Today we ran a TON of errands and then went with Raul to the house off Palenque to unload the rest of Janet's stuff. After that I texted Laura to see if Janet could come by and borrow a couple of dvds for her evening of sitting in a big empty apartment with nothing but a portable dvd player to keep her company. She said sure, but that we had no electricity in our block. GOOD GOD I don't think I can handle this.

We went to lunch (late lunch) at Grillo's on Bonampak with Andy and Nancy and Helen Pappas. Kimberley and her husband were going to come but she is coming down with something. Probably a good thing since lunch was ridiculously expensive. After that we ran over to Costco to get a couple of cartons of cigarettes for Janet's mom, and then over to my house. Yep, no power. The Oxxo was even out. It was only on our block, though, the lavandaria and KPrichi were all ablaze, and little lonely Los Picos and Oxxo were dark and sad. Laura let me use on of her big flourescents which was nice, and gave me some Twizzlers and Janet some movies. I listened in silence to the elote man calling out and the frost in my freezer melting.

Finally came back on about maybe 45 minutes ago. We are expecting to get some rain and wind from TS Gamma (formerly known as TD 27) this weekend, so I expect to have no power again. But then again, I should be a pro at this by now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home