Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Stuff I did and stuff I'm gonna do and stuff I might do or maybe not

Hi. I was sitting here trying to get the most out of my internet (bored with it already? Don't even say it!), when it dawned on me that I could do a blog entry without information regarding the storm. Hmm, what an idea.

So Joe left yesterday, and Janet is sitting in a nearly empty apartment with nothing much to do. So today we had pedicure/eyebrow waxing appointments at 10 over at Dharma Spa (no damage whatsoever), and then at 12n went over to VCI to continue to use the facilities. I wonder when they are finally going to bar my entry? Joan doesn't get here til November 25, and Janet leaves this Saturday. Laura works in the day. Please God do not let this burgeoning tan fade!

There were a few more people at the pool today, though my spot was available (there is the perfect spot for loungers at the pool, and whenever Rhonda and I vacation there we make sure people know it is OUR spot. We are generally pretty lucky.). We ordered some nachos from Ceiliano and I fell asleep for about 20 minutes or so, woke up drooling. Nice. At least I didn't have a sheet mark on my face (towel mark?). You know those marks you sometimes wake up with, the crease of the sheet on your cheek that doesn't go away all day? For some reason whenever I used to oversleep and was late to work (or barely, as I would spend the first 5 minutes running around in a circle yelling "Somebody help me!" and then the other 2 minutes throwing on anything to wear, putting in my contacts, putting my hair in a clip and brushing my teeth...) I would always have a sheet mark. It was like a badge or something. Everyone always knew I had overslept just by looking at me. The worst ones were the ones that went like over your whole eye, from the brow, over the lid, down the cheek to the chin. Okay enough of that.

Anyway, Jesus brought me my check and asked me when we were going out, and I scolded him due to his obvious married status. He swore he was not married, but I don't believe him. I told him that Janet and I are going to the Over 30 club tomorrow night, so if he wasn't married he should go. He seemed to be agreeable to it. That would go over like a fart in church, wouldn't it? I'm not that worried, he won't go.

** Note to anyone reading this who is unfamiliar with Mexican culture beyond Taco Bell: Jesus is a common male name, pronounced "Hey Soos". Please be aware that the Son of God did not approach me at the VCI pool and tell me he wanted me to be in his life and his soul.

So anyway, got a little sun, came home, Laura used my computer to check her email (still no internet, cable TV or land line for her, not sure what the heck is up with that) and now here I sit, wondering when I should heat up my leftover canneloni from Alfredo's last night. Or whether I should walk over to the Sushi Ken and get some yakimeshi con tampico. Because, you know, I can. I can do lots of things in Cancun. MY Cancun is pretty much back to normal these days, gracias รก Dios.

Tomorrow, shopping with Janet for garbage cans for the rest of her stuff to be packed in, and another couple hours at VCI. Then Over 30 to see Sergio later tomorrow night. Friday, pack the rest of Janet's minimal items and move them over to the Palenque house, lunch with Andy, Nancy and Helen, and then... sola. It's okay, I'm strong.

1 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, December 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok - It's 11:48pm here and the kids will be up around 6, but I can't stop reading. It's been awhile...but the Jesus explanation? Laugh out loud funny, that one!

Cheers!
Rebecca (rebeccadacasheeea_fromaragon)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home