Thursday, October 20, 2005

Last post pre-Wilma

Things do not look so great. It's been raining since middle of the night and pretty windy. They have evacuated the ZH and I am clearing my tables and my floors and putting things on my bed, will move the tv into the bathroom when I am ready to clear out. The computer is the last thing to go. Heading over to the Ceruttis to wait it out.

I feel the same way I did pre-Emily but Emily barely got us. I am extremely worried about my friends here, not the expats so much but the guys I work with. Not sure if I can move into VCI as scheduled but will soon enough, I guess. I have the tv news on channel 5 and though it's in Spanish I can understand a little bit. Most of the computer models show it hitting us dead on, though a Cat 4 right now they expect it to return to a Cat 5 later today. Yay!

News flash from the tv - they are expecting it to hit us in roughly 25 hours, but the bands of the thing will hit us before that, it is all pretty unclear to me, even though we went through this before to some degree.

Everyone pray that the ZH is still standing at the end of all this, it keeps these families in jobs.

5 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, October 20, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're thinking of you Joycie! Stay safe!

Rebecca

 
At 3:34 PM, October 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joyce... hey its Kelly I am here at good old PNWT let us know how you are...
I emailed Kim she passed this along to me..
hope all is well.
Kelly

 
At 7:14 PM, October 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just posting here to ask if anyone reading this has heard from Joyce or has recent contact details for any of her many siblings...I managed to find the wrong Sheila Jameson - oh well. Be great if you can post her status since from news reports it sounds like Cancun is still w/out a lot of power and lots of services.

Thanks!
Rebecca

 
At 8:51 AM, October 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes has anybody (family?) heard from Joyce?? Probably no power and/or internet yet... I'm sure if she's with Janet and Joe they are all fine but would be nice to know for sure!

 
At 5:38 PM, October 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just spoke w/Joyce's mom who heard via Joe & Janet on Sunday that they were all good and had prepared with plenty of supplies. (I know the "Walmart out of bread" comment last Weds had me worried) After the storm, they cleared some water out of Joyce's apt, but it was otherwise mostly fine. Barbie (sis) also spoke w/her on Monday. That's about it on the family front.

Her mom did comment when we spoke about the news focusing on FL (argh!) "hard to get any word out of Mexico and we're all people, you know."

I imagine we'll hear from Joyce soon.

Rebecca

 

Post a Comment

<< Home