Saturday, October 15, 2005

Ch-ch-ch-changes

It’s Saturday, and it FEELS like a Saturday. Kind of funny because pretty much every day for me is a Saturday. I don’t go to conventional work and after 11 months of that, frankly it’s taking its toll.

I might be moving though (again). I posted some pictures a while back of a house that Janet and Joe were trying to lease/option but ultimately that fell through. The house was on the market for over a year and I guess it finally sold. Bummer, it was a cool house, but that’s the way the cookie crumbles I guess.

So this other place, they signed the application/contract yesterday. I think it was considered an application and then they will sign an actual contract Monday or Tuesday, but Carmen didn’t see any reason why they wouldn’t get it. Anyway it’s a 3 bedroom 2 bath condo in a complex called Villas Kabah, just off (you guessed it) Kabah in SM 38. It has a more open and space-effective floor plan than the one they live in now, more loungers at the pool (nice) and very tranquil grounds. Ground floor as well, which means if I move there I won’t be taking my life in my hands every time it rains. The rent is less than where they are now as well, and that means I would be saving some clams, which I can dig, and the oven actually works, so again, another plus. Plus there are hammock hooks in all of the bedrooms so it looks like that Joe will finally get to live his dream. I won’t go on about it though because I am bound to jinx it if I do.

Thursday night was another good night at the club, but a frigging late one, I got home at 5. F-I-V-E. Never done that, jeez. I had some beers and was approached by the obligatory token white guy, and the last table left at like 3:45 or something, and I was hanging out to cab home with the boys, minus Ever who chose not to come in again (drunk, that son of a bitch). It was a good night but busy without Rafa waiting tables (trapped as cashier thanks to Ever). By the time we dropped Rafa off at Picante and me off it was freaking the next day. I slept til 10:30 Friday morning and did much of nothing all day, except I got an hour in of sun at Janet’s pool and ran around some with them.

Joe and Janet also put in an offer on a condo to purchase at Cancun Plaza, down by the other end of the ZH. It’s a pretty old facility that was a hotel but is now mostly privately owned studio condos. The pool rocks. They are buying it with a couple of their friends in NY but the good news is we get to use the pool whenever we want. I think we are going today for a little bit as a matter of fact. So I better sign off and get dressed.

And call my landlord to give her my notice… Carmen called and they got the apartment so now all I need is a TV and a table to put my computer on. Sweetness. I have a pool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home