Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Crap.

So I got an email from Barbie today who got an email from Nancy (Joey's ex) who got this picture from Matt (my nephew). Matt is in Kansas in training and then will go to Palm Desert and then Afghanistan and ultimately Iraq. Yay. Thanks for the war... This picture was in the email, I think it's a little disconcerting to see your nephew holding an AK-47 (or whatever the hell the Army uses these days, I suppose I could ask a gang member, they'd know).

Every time you read the paper (ha ha ha ha, I said "read the paper") or look on line you see more dead kids and it's hard to even try to think about something like your nephew is going over there. I am so not a political person (that shit just bores me and like everything else I leave that to the professionals) and I agree that it is important to support your country and all that, but seriously our president is a laughing stock and I know this because I am not currently living in my country. I just wish it would be over. Until then, I support the soldiers that are over there, because you have to, even if you don't have a picture of your nephew in full combat gear replete with machine gun standing in the middle of Kansas.
Jesus, Matt, stay safe.

3 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, September 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would make more sense if he was holding a hammer in the pic and helping rebuild people's lives (you know shit happened when a hurricane destroyed a good chunk of the US) right on his own turf but then the government always knows best!!! STAY SAFE!

 
At 9:09 AM, September 29, 2005, Blogger JJ said...

I wholeheartedly agree, Lizardbreathola. Wholeheartedly.

 
At 6:17 PM, October 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are kids, JUST KIDS!!! Can suit up, fight, see death, but don't let them come home and go to the local pub and share a beer with other vets till they are 21!!!! I know how it feels to see a kid you have known their whole life dress like that and know that it's for real. I wish him and the rest of them a safe and speedy return.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home