Sunday, September 11, 2005

Weekend haps

Okay. Went to the Corona Bar thingie on Saturday night. Hmmm. Kimberley picked me up around 9:45pm and had Kelly in the car – we had to go back to Kelly’s to wait for the nanny and pick her husband so we left centro for the ZH around 10:10pm. Got there and the place was dead, Joe Mendez and that Lisa were there, with a couple of other people. I did not meet them. Chris and his girlfriend were there as well, so that was good. We moved to a table and drank some beers, Elizabeth and Cash showed up, then at about 11:45 they all decided to go to The City. I don’t “club” so Kimberley, who needed to leave around 12m anyway, and Chris decided not to go. Fine by me. Not my kind of people. At all.

Kimberley ended up dropping Chris, his girlfriend, and his friend Miguel at Over 30 as we were looking for a place in the ZH where one could have a conversation, and in Party Central there isn’t anything like that. Anto was there (Joe and Janet found out they had to work an extra long shift so they were still playing at 12:20), so I sat at the bar and had some beers and then left around 2am. It was fine, an okay night. So so. In retrospect I would have preferred sleep instead but hey, you live you learn.

Today Joe, Janet, Helen and I went to Caliente, the sports book in the ZH, to watch football. We watched the 12n games and then stayed until somewhere in the 2nd quarter of the later games, so I got my fill. My boys lost, but it’s a split weekend because the Ducks won. Working tonight.

That’s about it, really.

1 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, September 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you my friend Joyce. I know you miss alot of things from Oregon, but if you didn't come here and suffer alittle, you would have never met Karaoke Joe and his wife.....and you would have never learned the TRUE art of sweating!! Unless you experience the life of living without, you cannot truely enjoy the life of "got it, got it, have it!!!" So in spite of all the sadness, Joe and I wish you a very happy birthday anyway...we love ya Joycey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home