Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Two different kinds of parties (Part II)

Saturday morning I dragged my happy ass out of bed at 8:30 (four hours of sleep, not so good for Joycee), hosed off and waited for Janet, who had probably just about 20 more minutes of sleep than me, to pick me up. We went to the meeting, first meeting since June, and did that whole bit. We left at 1, dragging ass and promising we would we nap. Of course, no nap for me.

We went to Nancy's at around 4:30pm. Raul was dj'ing so we had to get the equipment and then go on to Marbella. Joe and Janet had to work at 8 so we helped with some setup and then just kicked it for a while. People showed up, the barbecue was fired up, that kind of thing. She had a ton of the same tables and chairs that Julio had the night before, so I learned that the distributor will loan these to you (free) if you order a bunch of pop. Lessons learned daily here on the peninsula.

It was a fun party. I got pretty hammered, and apparently I fell but I denied it (even to one witness). Don't worry, it was confirmed by several the next day. There was singing and games and chit chatting and shots of tequila and all that kind of stuff. Pretty elaborate planning on Nancy's part, so overall it was a good time. I don't even know what time I got home, but seriously that is only because I don't look at my watch all night when I am out.

Worked on Sunday night, sola, with Sergio (in theory) but it got crazy busy (singers-wise) and when Joe and Janet, who were hanging in the ZH, decided to pop in and see how it was going, Joe picked up a mic and just started calling singers. Seriously I did not play one song all the way through on the dj side - just constant singers. Good because it makes the night go by really fast, but irritating since people are constantly writing the wrong song number down on the slip.

Anyway, all in all a good but busy weekend. Tomorrow is our little Jan-Jan's birthday and Nancy and I are taking her to lunch at La Palapa (by Pok-ta-Pok). Not much else going on, still dreading the arrival of my electric bill, I cringe everytime I walk by the mailbox, this electric bill will have July and August a/c on it and I am frightened. But at least I know now I can pay it at the Oxxo (love the Oxxo).

1 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, September 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am awaiting my electrical bill and think it will be mammoth altho....I will most likely not have to pay it and that is always a bonus. You had a busy weekend I see full of lots of fun. FUN!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home