Saturday, September 03, 2005

Two different kinds of parties (Part I)

So Eder called last night at 11pm (I was ready for him in shorts and a tshirt) and said he would be at my house in 30 minutes. Sounded alone so I was glad I didn't go buy any beer. At 11:30 the doorbell rang, and he and Nora walked in dressed much better than me - Nora was in a nice dress and heels. Eder announced that we were going to a party at Julio's, a housewarming as he had recently moved. I debated silently and decided that so long as JEANS and a tshirt were okay, I would go. I told Eder that I had a 9:30 meeting in the morning so provided we didn't stay out until then, I was in. Changed clothes and we left.

We drove past the "other" Walmart, and then a bit further in, and picked up another girl, Alejandra. She is a friend of Nora's. From there we went on to Julio's. On the way I was told that he had bought a house, and it was pretty far from the ZH, which I was discovering as we drove and drove and drove... the subdivision is called Hacienda Real, and it was a neighborhood of neat little concrete houses (common wall), curbed steets, very tidy. We pulled up to his house and saw a few folks in the front "yard" (concrete dust basically) and more in the living room. Julio was very happy to see us, and probably a little surprised to see me (everyone else was), and we went in and took a mini-tour.

The house consisted of the living room (no furniture except for two card tables and plastic chairs and a stereo on a stand), bathroom, 1 bedroom (with his bed and tv and dresser) and a small kitchen with no refridgerator or stove yet. Back mudroom led to the small back yard (more crushed concrete) and his barbecue, upon which were plenty of carnitas and cebollitas. Lots of beer on ice. I loved the place.

Julio was very proud as he set up another card table for us in the front yard, as requested by us (not much room in the living room for it), and we chit chatted for a while. Shortly after, Sabas (front desk VCI/Sands) showed up in a taxi with his girlfriend, Vicky, who is a cashier in La Palapa restaurant at VCI. He was very surprised to see me. I love Sabas, he is so very adult and well mannered.

It was a nice night - I really, really enjoyed it. The group from the living room eventually came out and started a game of spin the bottle, where when the bottle pointed at you you had to take a shot of vodka (oh lovely, vodka is so not good to me). I "won" three times... but luckily it didn't do too much to me. We left Julio's at around 4am and Eder drove me home first - Sabas was "napping" in the back seat, and Vicky was singing along to "Yonlennon" (John Lennon). Poor Sabas had to be at work by 8am, it wasn't looking very good for him. It took roughly 30 minutes to get from Julio's to my house. I went straight to bed as I had to be up in 3 1/2 hours... I am way too old for this.

All in all I have to say that it was a great night - I told Eder to call me whenever something like that was going on. Eder told me he was taking his vacations (15 days) beginning Saturday and that he was going to his puebla just past Chichen Itza. I was so very bummed. He hasn't been in a while, he was supposed to go last year around Christmas but he wrecked his car, and probably won't go again until next year. He invited me to go with him this time, but I really couldn't. I was thinking about how much I would love it, for, you know, like a day or two, because I am thinking about the world of communication breakdown involved, but nevertheless, he was very nice to ask.

Next up, Nancy's 50th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home