Thursday, August 25, 2005

Why I am here

Today was an absolutely perfect beach day. Janet and I went to the Sunset (long side of the "7") while Joe and Raul ran errands - we got there around 11 and stayed til about 2:30. The sky was perfectly blue, maybe some wispy clouds here and there, and the water was calm, calmer than I have ever seen it on that side of Cancun. Usually we just go in the pool to cool off, but today the sea was so calm that Janet convinced me to go in.

The waves on that part of the beach are usually pretty rough - anyone you see in the surf are constantly jumping in the waves and I am not a huge fan of it simply because you have no control. But today we observed people just sort of ... standing in it. We went down and went in and it was almost like being on the bay side. Waist deep pretty far out, and just gentle waves. We stayed in there long enough for me to get a pretty good burn on my shoulders, but it doesn't really hurt or anything. In fact, I love the way it feels when I have had some good sun.

Afterward we went to the deck and sat at a table and had our traditional virgin piƱa colada, and Joe and Raul came by around 3 to get us. The Ceruttis' van is in the shop getting the body work done from the side swipe we got into (see "Fun on the Avenida") so Raul's brother loaned them the use of his car (a bright green "Atos").

Since I am working with Sergio tonight, Raul offered to pick me up after work at midnight, since he had to pick up his girlfriend at her hotel across the street at 11:50 anyway. Very nice. Then when he dropped me home, he offered to pick me up and take me to work! He is meeting Andy and Nancy at Marbella to go over his DJ job for Nancy's party 3 September, and told me he could drop me "on the way". It is SO not on the way! But nevertheless, he wouldn't take no for an answer. What a guy ~ ! Almost daily I am amazed at the generosity of people here when they call you their friend. It just puts one in a very positive frame of mind and gets one thinking about deeper things, like the future, and what's in store, and where it will take one...

Hmmmm....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home