Thursday, August 11, 2005

Routine

I need to get out today. I need to get my laundry, stop by the Oxxo for a few "things", and get some sun. I need to speak to other human beings. I already showered so I am a leg up on yesterday.

I wrote that right before I left the house this morning around 11am.

I spent the day yesterday doing nothing and as used to it as I was getting a few months ago, it drove me crazy. I watched TV in the hamaca, but every time I lay down in it I fall asleep. Today I went and got some of my laundry (not a long story but nevertheless a story not worth repeating) and then went over to Janet's. Joe had a meeting in Puerto Moreles and so Janet and I hung out and then went to the pool for two hours. My color springs back up when I get some sun, so that's good, I was pretty freaking pale - so much so that Janet even mentioned it. I think we are going to the Sunset Saturday so I should be tanner by Saturday night.

Joe and Raul picked up Philly Cheesesteaks from Philly Cheesesteak in the ZH so we had those then Janet took me home. I work tonight and the thing that bugs me is that they have to come get me and take me in. I know that when Janet reads this she will just poo poo it but it is an issue for me, simply because when a person has a job it is that person's responsibility to get there.

I debated long and hard before coming home on whether I should go home or shower at Janet's. The no-water thing is a deal breaker. I figured there might be water by the time I got home, you just never know. There was just barely enough for me to wash my hair and rinse it, but I had to rinse the soap off with the jug of water I keep in the bathroom for emergencies. I have to remember to refill it.

So the difference is, I like to do my routine in getting ready. It's not much of one, I just like the ritual of it. It changes as I move, sure, and people don't really get it, but that's okay. It's my gig. Now I am just chillin and will go to work at 7:30 and all will be right with the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home