Friday, August 05, 2005

Listening to music and thinking too much

I am tired. I do not know how those Ceruttis do it, staying out so late every night. It's a good thing I am not drinking this week at the bar, I can't imagine the next day. Got to sleep around 2:30am and then was awakened by a thunder storm - no lightening by me and no rain, but really really LOUD thunder. Got up around 9am but I think that is so late so I get up and my whole body hurts. Today we were going to go shopping for Nancy's birthday but no motivation coupled with Janet's cleaning lady coming at 1pm sort of put an end to that idea. So I pretty much laid in the hammock most of the day. It's hot.

Elizabeth is coming over to drop off her car and keys. She and Cash are going to Playa del Carmen for either one night or two, and tomorrow I will go check the kitties' food and water. In repayment I get her car but I am spending the night with Janet tonight and don't want to leave Liz's car on the street outside the condo. So I will probably only drive it the 3 blocks or so to her apartment and that's it. Funny, huh? What a wimp I am with driving.

Going back again tonight. It's fun and I enjoy being there rather than here, but it kills me in the day. Makes me think about going back to work in Portland and what that will be like, getting up at 4:30am again and going to bed at 9:20pm. Will it be like that again? Didn't I do this to shake up the routine? Can a person just "go back"?

I am listening to a bunch of sad music because I am fairly melancholy for a number of different reasons. It's only August but in my own messed up way I am really having a hard time deciding about whether or not I am staying or going. I need to just relax and live for the moment while I can. Easier said than done.


How about some pictures of the aftermath, as it was, of Hurricane Emily?




Here is the club. Those doors blew in, and the sign fell off the front of it - you can see it laying on the steps of the porch.









This is in the ZH across from Plaza Caracol. That is not a lake, it's the street.


Okay, time to get ready for work.

2 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, August 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Joycee....its ok, you could have left the car on the street outside the condo! Just drive it dammit! Anyways, that was quite a river there in the HZ and you know, you should just ask the angels for help!

 
At 8:45 AM, August 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, good pics...hard to imagine I saw it 4 days before and it looked just fine! You'd better be enjoying every minute of your time in paradise... Who knows you might wind up staying there longer. Don't stress! Enjoy it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home