Monday, August 15, 2005

I won't be surprised if people just stop reading...

Hi. So I am watching CSI and "chillin" in the heat of my apartment. Outside it's 82 but in here it's got to be 95 . I swear I sit here and just roast, and I'm not even doing anything.

The usual not much to report. Buzz Cafe with the Myers and Ceruttis was fine, good iced cajeta latte. From there we went to Janet and Joe's and had a meeting with Raul regarding his and Joe's business, just to get organized. Nancy called and asked Joe and Janet to the buffet at La Parilla for lunch, and ultimately I tagged along. Good grub. I was really tired though. Went with J&J to work because I felt like having some beers, it wasn't terribly busy. I pretty much got to the bottom of Jesus being married, he isn't. This kid is 15 (16 on 24 Aug) and keeps telling me he is married, swears it, yes he really is, then finally Ever told me last night that he isn't and furthermore he is probably gay. Which was pretty funny considering that Ever is.

Speaking of marriage... spent a lot of time with the 15% side of Edgar. He came to sit under the air conditioner (I am not flattering myself) and we chatted quite a bit. Had to beat the English out of him (sometimes literally), but it boiled down to the fact that he has been married 3 times and has 4 kids. Hijole... He showed me a picture of his baby boy, very cute, made me wonder though if the other 3 were girls since he didn't offer their pictures. You know Latin men and their pride in the male child. He also showed me a video (on his phone also) of him riding motocross. Everyone has a better phone than me, I swear to God. Anyway it was pretty cool. Told me he broke his "lung" once and I just figured he meant he punctured a lung, but when he told me his friend broke both his "lungs" and had to go around in a wheelchair for a few months, I figured out he meant "leg". I didn't correct him, I was way too far into the story.

He was shocked that I have never been married. We had a good long English lesson on "spinster" but I don't think he got it. He also didn't believe I had never had kids. These guys must not get that it isn't an absolute that ALL women get married and/or knocked up before they are legally able to drink. He also asked me if I was 47 which pissed me off, until he explained he over heard me talking to Rafa but must have failed to listen to the part where I said "Janet is" and only heard the "47" part. He made up for it by telling me I looked 27 but I knew he was fishing. He's a fox. I enjoyed our time together. There is not a rational soul in that bar that likes him, but I don't care, I am not looking for substance, I just like to be entertained. I told him that most of the time he is an asshole so I expect him to welcome me properly Tuesday night, and he seemed shocked at my perception, but we'll see tomorrow, won't we?

All in all it was an enjoyable evening. Nice to sit under a/c that I am not paying for, nice to have 5 beers in the ZH for the lo lo price of $140 MN.

Today I spent time at Janet's working on some info for Raul and Joe's business, and then came home around 5 and have been fighting sleep since then. So exciting. I think tomorrow I am going to sneak off to Marbella for a couple hours in the am and then I have a 3:30 eyebrow and 4pm pedicure. Then work. There has to be more to it than this.

I think I was gonna get all deep about a couple of things but I lost that creative vein and since it's just about time for ER I better stick to the schedule and hit the hay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home