Sunday, August 14, 2005

Much ado about (seriously) nothing

I read other people's blogs and I enjoy them so much that I am bummed when I don't see them updated as often as I would like. Perhaps there is someone out there that feels the same way about this one. I doubt it, those other blogs are filled with fun fabulousness and all manner of activities squeezed into the Bloggers' lives and mine is just not quite as exciting. Oh well, nobody is forcing you to read it (oh, wait, I guess I sort of am...).

Soooooooo. What has been going on? Went to work on Thursday night, and it was one of those nights where you just feel like everything is going wrong. I couldn't seem to satisfy Sergio with the volume of his cordless mic, so he gave up and just went up on stage every time I had a singer (which was a lot of times). We were busy and Adrian called in sick, so Sergio also had to help behind the bar. Not easy for him. This one lady with a great voice sang one song on a Spanish cd where the words were all wavery (turns out I should have played it in the dvd player instead of the karaoke player but I didn't know this at the time) so she could barely read the words, that sucked. I just didn't have the groove going at all and so I became frustrated with myself and then it just felt like everything was awful. When I asked Roberto about it at my break he said he didn't notice anything and that sometimes it feels like that but others don't notice. Elizabeth came to see me just near the end of my 2nd set and so she gave me a ride home, which saved me about $150MN (thanks Liz!). I was hot and felt gross and of course had no water to hose off when I got home, nothing like sleeping in a pool of your own filth.

Friday didn't do much, grocery shopping and nothing after. Eder called me no lie 20 times but I wasn't feeling social and plus he started at like 10pm, I was already ready for bed. I phoned him Saturday morning and we made plans for next Friday. Plans are good. Plans make you feel like you are not being sprung at from behind.

Saturday we went to the Sunset and got some sun but it started clouding up (no rain) and I didn't get any color, which is fine, I hate going anywhere with my face all burned, let's face it, it's not attractive. Worked Saturday night with Joe, it was consistant for the most part though Kinesis took like an hour to figure out their sound (during which time, in these dj-less days, I have to play music). People were in high spirits though, so it was a good night, easy enough.

After Thursday I pulled that bastard Edgar's picture off my back ground (I wonder which picture, hmmmm) because he tends to be 85% prick and 15% nice and Thursday he was letting his 85% show. I am getting tired of that crush. Seriously only hanging on to it for the bright spot of having someone to look at. Whatever, buddy knows he has a body but the arrogance is wearing thin. Although last night I considered putting it back up because he was letting the 15% show alot more.... I didn't do it though.

Today we are meeting at 11am at Buzz Cafe for Andy's birthday - it's actually Wednesday but he will be in NY. Not much else except I think I am going to go in to the bar tonight as a patron and have some beers with Anto. I seriously need to get out a little bit more.

1 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, August 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are very welcome. I am surprised you wrote "Elizabeth"....although, when written I prefer my name to be in full, rather than "Liz" but I expected Liz out of you. Odd eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home