Friday, August 19, 2005

Friday night and I hate Frasier


Last night was a good night - Laura and I drove together over to Pablo's and met Elizabeth, Becky, Chris and a girl Chris is dating (can't remember her name, sorry) for dinner for Laura's birthday. I had to leave around 7:30 to go to work, and intended to take a taxi. Cash also showed up, and we had dinner and then a big birthday cake, so that was nice for Laura. She had to go pick up Jorge at 8pm so she offered to drive me to Over 30 which I thought was very nice of her. We left around 7:45pm, it was a very nice dinner. We had a good talk on the way to the club.

Work was deader than anything until 11pm, but Joe and Janet brought in their friends from out of town, one of Joe's karaoke groupies and his wife. It was their anniversary and they took them to dinner and brought them over to the club after. It picked up considerably right before Jatcha started, and it looked like they all had a good time. Played until about 12:15, then Joe and Janet were nice enough to give me a ride home after. Taxi-free from the ZH yet again!

Today Nancy and I went to the beach for a couple hours, and I needed it, I am so FRICKING white. It started clouding up (can't rain, why should it, rain would help cool things for a blessed 15 minutes or so, so it's just too much to ask I guess).

Last night on the way to dinner, Mario called - what a surprise. I haven't talked to him since June. We do this whole thing like he gives me shit for not phoning him and I tell him, I'm the girl, I don't call. We met at Elizabeth's birthday party last February - he's a good kid, a Christian church going type. We made a bet that I could find movies that would make him cry (hello ~ "Brian's Song" - if a guy doesn't cry in that movie then they are simply made of stone. I used to just hum the theme song to Ed Felix - a friend of mine from Califas who was heavily recruited by the Ducks in '84 and ultimately played 4 years of college football at Long Beach State - and he would mist up like a 4 year old girl). We never did act on that bet though. I think it was for $5 or something.

Anyway he called regarding a job opportunity, teaching English to 3-4 year olds... I took the information and called the director of the school this morning. $1800 MN bi monthly. So Cyndi Lou Who my psychic friend told me long ago before I moved here that she saw me working with children, which anyone who knows me would find hilarious. I am not a big fan. But I am a big fan of helping out when people are in a lurch. Ultimately I am going over there Monday morning to sit in on a class with one of the teachers just to see what it's about. Can't hurt, right? Kids, though...

Tonight there is a strong possibility that Eder will be coming over. We talked about it last week and I thought it was a good opportunity for me to pick this place up a bit. I still have to clean the toilet. Oh yeah, did I mention, I have water again! They finally fixed the stupid pipes and the pump and I have been able to take a) hot b) showers for the last two days!

So he won't call (if he does at all) til around 10pm and I am watching a Frasier re-run and you know, I never liked that show. Haven't changed clothes, haven't cleaned the toilet, didn't even dry my hair. Odds are good I won't hear from him but I am sticking it out. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home