Monday, August 29, 2005

Things I did and forgot about

Saturday afternoon Janet and I went to the VIP at Plaza las Americas - the fun movie theater. It costs $60 MN for matinee and $80 for evening shows, and then Wednesday is half-price day. Leather reclining seats, waiter service, tables, lots of leg room, aggressive air conditioning. We saw "Hechizado" ("Bewitched") with Nicole Kidman (who has successfully achieved her apparent goal of looking and acting EXACTLY like Meg Ryan before she ended her career by breaking up with Dennis Quaid and screwing around with Russell Crowe) and Will Ferrell. I really like Will Ferrell. The movie was pretty good, but I am not a gigantic Nicole Kidman fan, even if she doesn't look or act like Nicole Kidman anymore.

Janet was quite proud to have flagged down a taxi on the way there. Since she has a car, she doesn't use taxis as much as I do, so we walked down to the Oxxo by her house (they are everywhere, love the Oxxo) and she went to work. Joe picked us up in the aforementioned green Atos.

We saw a coming attraction for the movie "Cinderella Man"... didn't that come out in USA theaters like a year ago? Most of the movies we get are old...

I worked Saturday night and we were packed to the bone, very busy, not so much on the karaoke side, but enough to keep me not standing around. We have a new waiter, Rafael (not to be confused with Rafa). Apparently speaks English, but I haven't heard him speak much of anything, frankly. Hair in a pony tail, pierced eyebrow... >sigh<... where is Edgar when you really need him?

There was something else but I can't remember what now. Yeah, I got nothin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home