Saturday, September 10, 2005

Go Ducks

I hate that I can't run over to the bookstore downtown and pick up a couple of new sweatshirts this season. I hate that it's too friggin hot to wear the sweatshirt and wind jacket I brought down here. I hate that the only players I know on the team this year are Kellen Clemens and Haloti Ngata. I hate that I can't go over to Tom's apartment to watch the games standing the whole time and drinking Coors Light with Tony and Scott and Benny. I hate that I won't be able to get the game on the radio in my car while I am going from Saturday errand to Saturday errand. I hate that I can't give little Kirky Dietrick shit about being a Beaver fan. I hate that I can't go to Starbucks first thing wearing my Duck cap and any one of my many sweatshirts and make small talk with the other Duck fans waiting for their coffee. I hate that I don't have any other Duck memoribilia here except my bottle opener that plays Mighty Oregon when you open a bottle with it.

It's pouring rain here (that's sort of like home, right?) and we are in the midst of a huge thunder storm. My lights blinked a couple of times. I did not go to Chaak Tun today as I woke up with some digestive distress and it is probably better for everyone if I try to stick a little closer to civilization.

The good news is that tomorrow I am going to watch football at Caliente, the sports book here in Cancun. Games begin at 12n (which is sort of good if you are drinking beer but I work Sunday night so I cannot) here in this time zone. I have ONE Browns sweatshirt here, and, again, it's way too hot to wear my colors here. Oh well, you make sacrifices when you move to paradise.

This morning I paid for 6 more months of storage. I wonder how ruined my stuff is? $456.00 WITH discount. Ouch. Oh well, I guess it is somewhat safe until March now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home