Thursday, September 22, 2005

Hmmm, I must have done something right

So for the past little while my computer has been doing some crazy stuff, like freezing up after say 5 or 6 screen changes while I'm on the internet. Really frustrating. Since I have cable internet I am always "online", so sometimes while I am not on the net and working on a document I freeze up too, so I was getting pretty irritated because this laptop is not even a year old. Today, though, I remembered something called "system restore" from my old Dell desktop and went a-looking for it. Found it, went back to September 1, and of course that didn't work, so I went back to June 7 and now all is fantabulous. Except I had a great Freecell streak going and apparently back on June 7 I didn't. Anyway, I am a complete moron when it comes to computer stuff so I am pretty happy that I "fixed" it. I guess perhaps it was because a long time ago, Chris installed Mozilla Firefox as my browser, but I hated it, and continued using Explorer, and a while ago (I don't know if it was pre-September 1 or not) I uninstalled it. And then I also installed the new Yahoo voice update a while ago too, as Jill has it and we can speak via headsets for free and like you are using VoIP. I think that might have been the kicker. So by restoring back to June when all apparently was right with the world, I have solved my problem. So smart.

Went to Buzz Cafe today at 2 for coffee with Kimberley - I really like her. She has been down here a couple of years, and her daughter just moved down a little while ago. She goes to a Spanish language tutor 4 days a week so Kimberley has an hour to kill in the day. It was nice. It's hot out but not too humid today. Later I believe I will be having some dinner at Janet's and go off to work.

So Shelia and I have been emailing a bit lately regarding, among other things, a business opportunity. Network marketing, sure, but maybe with a twist. Like you don't have to alienate all of your friends and family by talking up magnets or phone cards like the network marketing of old. I don't know, I have to do some research. She has been threatening to send me a DVD but the problem is the mail here, so she may send it down with Victoria when she comes in late October. Wouldn't it be great to have something like that going that would allow me to stay here? I guess its maybe not something that would happen so quickly, but wow, how very cool if I could actually have a business that allowed me to work from home, and therefore allow me to choose where home really was? Hmmm, time for some research....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home