Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Back to boring

Hmmmm. Not much has been going on lately. Monday we went to the Sunset - Joe and Raul dropped us off and then went to Playa to look at some property. They took longer than they thought they would so Janet and I walked from the Sunset (after a couple of hours) to 100% Natural for some lunch, and then took the bus to centro and a taxi home from there. Janet had never taken the bus in Cancun before, so it was pretty funny. I mean, the anticipation of it all. I took the last picture I had left in my disposable camera from May's California trip of Janet on the bus. Pretty funny, I'm sure, but let's face it, I may never get these pictures developed as that is sort of the person that I am.

We booked flights to Florida for October. I need to leave Mexico and come back one more time before February, and Janet is looking really to shop, though I will be shopping as well. We got round trip tickets to Ft. Lauderdale for like $168, and will just be there for 2 nights. Looking at hotels now. It should be fun - brief but fun. I haven't been to Ft. Lauderdale for any extended period of time (besides the airport July 4, 2004) since Spring Break 1985 (good Lord) and even then I didn't know where I was half the time. I sent an email to my friend who lives just north of there, but am sort of surprised as I haven't heard back from her (just looking to make sure I wasn't booking a hotel in the ghetto. I acknowledged that she might not know too much about the city, but it was worth a shot asking her. I guess I was wrong.). Little things like that make you wonder if you said or did something wrong somewhere along the way, but I can't imagine what since I live in a different country and she seemed fine when I sent her a happy birthday email in August. Oh well whatever, it's just the way life is sometimes, I am sure I will get alot of the same when I go back - everybody's life goes on, including mine.

Worked last night (dead til the band started, then I had some singers at the second set), home by 12:45 or so. Janet stayed with me (Joe is in NY for a couple days) and so it was fun and not so horrendously boring like it can be when I have no singers and am sola. This morning (well, noon), Nancy, Andy, Janet and I went to the VIP and saw "Se Busca Pareja" ("Must Love Dogs").. it was okay, just kind of simple and the writing wasn't very .... deep I guess. I am super-critical though. The good news is "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" is coming soon, and I was looking forward to seeing that one. It always shocks me when newer movies come here that aren't animated or Spiderman.

I think I am going into work tonight, just to hang since Janet is sola (with Sergio). We talked last night about having drinks but I'm not sure if that will happen, we'll see. I just started Harvey and frankly I am not feeling that festive.

Okay, another side-splitting, edge-of-your-seat post. Thanks for watching....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home