Friday, September 16, 2005

Festivities

Hi. So let's see... I DIDN'T go to Over 30 on Wednesday, so that's kind of new... Thursday I went with Joe and Janet, dropped Janet off at the "other" Walmart and went with Joe to take some pictures of various things for a project we are working on. Afterward we went and picked Janet back up and went back to their apartment and went swimming for a little while. It's hotter than crap so the slightest movement causes major sweatinig, and swimming was nice. They took me home around 5:15 or so and I got ready for work. Thursday night the festivities were beginning for Dia de la Independencia, with El Grito at 11pm and the parties afterward. Janet dropped me off at Over 30 and Raul off at G-Spot next door (he was working on lighting for them), with the plan to come back and get me when I was done so we could meet Andy and Nancy in centro later.

Work was fine, we had reservations for a total of 50 people (different groups), and most came. It was fairly busy (not karaoke-wise though), and since Ever didn't show up AGAIN (drunk) Rafa had to cover as cashier until Alex, that gawky tall guy from Over 30 Centro, showed up (they called for him at 8pm and he showed up at around midnight - thanks!). So Sergio was playing manager/waiter/dj, and though he didn't like to ask for help, we called Joe to come a little bit early and help out (he had mentioned that we should just in case it was too busy). Joe and Janet got there just before Jatcha finished up their first set, and though we again only had a couple singers, it was really helpful having them there. We packed up in record time and left, only to wait in the parking lot for the car for 1/2 an hour while the valet guys tried to figure out how to get it out. G-Spot was packed (they were having some sort of Mexican show, odd to me, it's a tourist-geared dance club) and apparently everyone that was there drove.

We ended up getting over to Coba and Tulum around 1:30 or so and picked up Nancy and Andy, then drove around the back of Parque de las Palapas and parked and walked around. The crowd was thinning but they still had some performers on stage and plenty of people, it just wasn't wall to wall like earlier (according to the Myers). I bought some good organic coffee from Chiapas which I had this morning, and then after a while we drove over to Mercado 28 and got some tacos at a place I have only been to in the middle of the night and whose name escapes me. Got home around 3:00am and went to bed at 3:30.

That's pretty much it for now. Today I got up at 9 and worked on some stuff, went to the new City Club behind Soriana's and checked that out, now I am going to the club for some beers (I checked and Anto will be there, since I sort of blew her off on Tuesday I figured I would go tonight under the pretense of making it up to her. But who am I kidding?). I promise when it gets just a teeny bit cooler I will start expanding my horizons a bit. Isn't it funny how in the northern states people tend to hole up until it gets warmer? Sort of the opposite here: too hot to do much in the day besides the necessary errands and going to the beach...

Boring post. I apologize.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home