Friday, September 23, 2005

Another good bye

Last night was busy. Busy is good. The other Rafael quit earlier in the week, claimed moving back to DF with his family (I guess I don't have any reason to not believe him), and in his place they hired this other kid, Oscar. Of course, Oscar has zero English and is a little on the ragamuffin side, but he is a good kid. He is more bus boy than waiter but I guess he is being trained. Here's a picture of Rafael. He's twenty. But he's gone now. Buh-bye, Rafa!


We also have a new hostess, Chuy (a girl), she works Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and she likes to sing as well. She is very nice. I spent some time chit chatting with her last night, right before Vic showed up and we stayed chatting til like 2:30 and then he drove me home. Kind of a roundabout story (involving tacos and taxis) but I got home around 3:15. So today was a "chill" day.

What the heck, let's throw in another Rafa picture, just for fun.

Not much more going on besides that. Like I said, work was nice and busy and Jorge from Jatcha band is convinced that I am singing with him next Thursday, but I don't know. I am reticent to do it, but he tried pretty hard to make me sing with him last night and I don't think I can successfully turn him down again. He might like push me over and drag me up the stairs by my leg or something. Not a good visual.

So now I am a little stir crazy so I will have to get out and do some grocery shopping tomorrow. I did accomplish finally paying my CFE today, remember how convenient it is to pay it at the Oxxo (love the Oxxo)? Yeah apparently it's only convenient if you carry the bill around with you.

1 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, September 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The saga of the electric bill....gotta love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home