Friday, September 23, 2005

Concerns

So I was chatting with my friend who lives here. Her husband works in Immigration at the airport. She knows I am going to Florida, I found out that I will be across the street from a Wild Oats and she is originally from Boulder, so I knew she would want some stuff from there. Anyway, she was discussing this with her husband, and he gave me some tips for my return. He said if he is working the day I get back and in the terminal I work in, he would try to get me in his line and give me 180 days. I know the odds of that are pretty slim, so that's cool, but an extremely generous thing to offer as well.

She told me that Immigration is getting more and more strict, however, and that I need to be careful on what I ask for. He said that Immigration is noticing that more and more people are coming in without the plan for an FM3 (and let me tell you, there are rumors flying all over regarding new regulations for THAT) and that they are more or less being extra inquisitive. She will coach me prior to my leaving, but it makes me a little bit uneasy.

I hope everything is fine (Joe somehow managed, for the 3rd time in a year today, to bring in way way more than the allowed 25 cds per person - he was hassled, but not fined and nothing was confiscated) and that I get away with it. Usually I tell Immigration that I am writing a book and that I am staying with a friend while I do it. You are allowed 180 days total on an FMT, so you would think that would be fine with everyone, but there are alot of power issues involved and you just never know how it's going to be.

Fingers crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home