Saturday, October 08, 2005

Saturday morning blathering

NOTHING new to report. Except it stopped raining (at my house anyway). Big cockroach flew into the bar Thursday night, of course it landed on the stage and terrorized me for a while until Rafa was able to tear apart the table and the stairs to get to it. So THAT was fun.

Made dinner on my new $17US George Foreman grill last night, arrachera and red pepper. Pretty simple, pretty good. Except now I smell like meat and that smell will hang around until I finish my cafe con leche and take a shower. I have a shit load of it left though and I am not big into leftovers, so we'll just see what I do about it. Will I make a taco or two out of it for dinner tonight? Cut it up some more and scramble it into some eggs? Hm. I have to say I don't see it happening. I figure that just about the time I start being Frugal Girl it will be time for me to shove off.

Speaking of which... I was cruising apartments last night on the net. I guess it would make more sense first to see where I am working (and that is provided that First American actually hires me again). But I only want new and clean and a washer/dryer in the apartment, not hard to find, I guess. I am thinking about this place in Bethany, since it's close to that mess of a Highway 26 and would provide me easy acess to downtown or Hillsboro, is stumbling distance to Starbucks and a bar or two, and has a big clean supermarket in the big planned-unit-development situation that it is. Then I have to buy a sofa, finally, for the first time since like 1989. I have pretty much everything else I need furniture-wise.

I guess I am looking forward to going back and working. It'll be a nice switch for me. Victoria is bound to fill me in on the absolute insanity that escrow can be when she comes in October (wait, what is today? She'll be here 2 weeks from today - sweet! Sun! Every day! Without having to pack a fricking bag!), and that will be enough to drive me about nuts with plenty of time for it to wear off by February.

This is so not about my life here. Well, kind of it is. Uh, bring it back to current affairs. I got my laundry in a day yesterday, what a shock. I think tonight I may meet that Kimberley for a beer or two, get out of the house and all that. Anto did another spectacular job of cutting my hair yesterday, and though it was under 4 weeks, I needed it. QTip Girl was becoming Lion Hair Girl and frankly it was not attractive. She didn't touch the bangs, though. The Sands is closed for maintenance week beginning today and I think if I waited until next week to get it cut I would probably only be able to get out of my apartment by walking sideways (you figure that out, I'm not explaining it). Meanwhile, my eyebrows have grown out so long they are hanging in my eyes.

All right this is long enough already. I'm done with my cafe con leche, and I guess I'll shower, since I have been up for 2 hours already and haven't done shit. I think I need to call Sandra. This place needs a good cleaning and it ain't gonna be done by me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home