Sunday, November 20, 2005

From the "How bored am I" files

Reading Cancun message boards is a sometimes-hobby, but they drain me right now because I frankly could give a shit less whether or not someone's all-inclusive vacation to the Golden Crown Paradise Spa was cancelled in October and they are feeling smited because they took a chance to travel during hurricane season and failed to purchase a $79 trip insurance policy. Go to Miami already, wouldya? I know it's not very Support Cancun-y, but sorry, it's how I feel right now and part of that is I don't really like people right now. It's a phase, I'll get past it, I always do. Relax.

Anyway in my boredom I revisited a website that I love - Fametracker. LOVE the writing style of these guys (or is it one person? I don't know.). They just have a lot of really funny stuff about "famous" people and all that. Making fun of celebrity. "Celebrity" as a phenomenon, not as a group of people, I didn't misspell.

Anyhooo, big trend since I have been here are those "Live Strong"-type bracelets that have metamorphised (okay that time I bet I did misspell) into many other colors and inspirations. Literally everyone you see has anywhere from 1 to 15 on their wrist (except me). This particular entry on Fametracker addresses this trend along side another irritating "celebrity"/"trend"/"it's-cool-to-think-this-guy-is-cool" gig, Elijah Wood. I have always found him to be extremely creepy. This article just hit home to me, almost as if I wrote it myself (though I could not have done it so well). So since I am so FREAKING BORED today (though I just spent about an hour and a half on the phone with Kim and am now chatting with Janet and neither of those things are ever boring), I thought I would share. Enjoy.

This whole entry is a by-product of WAY too much caffeine today. I am wrecked. And so I apologize for this tangent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home