Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Of jambalaya and Fruit Loops

Nothing much to report. Beautiful day today, if it didn't start out freezing. It was like 60 when I got up and so I put on sweats from head to toe. Talked to Jan Jan on the phone last night - yay! I am sure it cost a fortune because sometimes we sit on the phone and gab and the next thing you know its been like 20 minutes or something. Good times. She is on her way (or in probably now) Virginia Beach today.

I saw someone post something today on a board about these pullovers called Chammyz. I want one. Bad. I though about having Janet run over to the store in Virginia Beach to pick one up for me, since I found a store on line. They are bitchin, I so don't need one, and now all I have to do is figure out if I want the hoody or the pullover and in which color.

Oh and I saw another toucan today! Laura and I were discussing, on the landing between our apartments, our trip to Playa tomorrow afternoon to see Janie and Norb (from Pittsburgh, down on vacations), and I saw this blur of black and bright yellow fly from the park across the street to the tree outside her window. I said, "What the heck was that?" and ran into her living room and looked out the window. Sure enough, there it was, all looking like a toucan on the branch. Very cool. I had a sudden urge for cereal...

Instead I came back in and got to work on some jambalaya. I have made it a couple of times in the past. I always used a recipe but this time I just didn't. It's not that complicated, but, you know, how much rice, how much liquid, that kind of thing. It turned out good. Spicy and cozy-tasting. Gonna dig into that in a minute, once I finish this blog entry and it cools a little bit. Problem is I will have a shit load of it for a week, and by tomorrow will be sick of it. Oh well, I miss cooking. And it's cold outside. So I have fulfilled my Martha quotient for the week (month) and it filled my afternoon.

Tomorrow, Thanksgiving, maybe a little bit of sun at VCI, and down to Playa.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. Third Thanksgiving I have spent in Cancun and it's becoming just another Thursday for me, which is fine because I never really liked that Thanksgiving food anyway.

I hope Jodi gets lots of socks on Friday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home