Monday, December 05, 2005

Monday already

Time just flies...

I was supposed to go to VCI on Saturday but just didn't feel like it. So instead I did some stuff around the house then decided to go to the Mega Comercial Mexicana because it a) has a Satander ATM and b) sells rye bread. Rye bread is a thing you cannot generally get around here. Mega sells the little cocktail rye and I always liked that style as a kid, so now and again I will buy some. Seemed like a good reason to go there.

So I went. Saw Martha in the parking lot before I left, she was waiting for the a/c guy to meet her. I guess to check out Laura's a/c, but she said also mine (though it was the first I had heard of it). I told her I was on my way to get the rent but she said "Oh don't worry too much about that" (right). There is another apartment for rent in the building, the one above me, and apparently they just did a midnight run one night and still owe utilities, rent, stuff like that. I have noticed that the sound of marbles dropping all hours of the day has ceased, I guess that's a good thing.

I made it to Mega and picked up some things, rye bread, cotija cheese, milk, that kind of stuff, and when I was done, I went out to look for a taxi. Outside of Walmart, Soriana, even Chedraui there are always tons of taxis waiting for you to come out. Not so the case here. I stood in a line behind like 6 other people, waiting... waiting... waiting... seriously like half an hour later I was on my way home. What a joke. I would have just gone over to the street, but the street is Kabah, and its a busy street and no easy place for a taxi to pull over and pick you up without causing a wreck. So there I was. Rye bread is just not worth the hassle.

Yesterday I did make it over to VCI around 10am, heard the shit from people for not having been there Saturday (live with it), and laid out pretty much all day (I'm getting tanner). Steve from WI was there from Saturday, and Bob and Linda from Chicago were due in around 2:30. They didn't think Joan and Roy were coming, so Joan went up to the lobby to surprise them. It worked. They made it down to the beach and we all sat around and drank some beers and some drinks, and then around 7pm I houdini'd, was supposed to drop off my towels and meet Linda, Bob and Steve at the restaurant but I just kept on going. I felt like being home and I had forgotten my phone and I get cranky when I am disconnected. Turns out I had 29 MISSED CALLS but no new number, so God only knows who called, the one message I got was just a bunch of static. Oh well, whoever you were, call me back I guess.

That's that, guess I will find Martha today and give her the rent, and then get over to the beach. Not much else for me to do these days.

1 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, December 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh the beach sounds so good right now...I think it's about 38 degrees here in PDX, foggy and grey too. I was just thinking, what are we going to read when Joyce comes home? Will she still blog her life back in PDX?? It is doubtful, as she will go back to being so busy again...sigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home