Wednesday, November 30, 2005

*%$!?*@!! CFE!

I know, I know, I should just be happy I have power.

Anybody consistantly reading and retaining will recall my rant regarding my most recent CFE bill (it was just Monday for God's sake, are you even paying attention?!). Well I sent Martha (my landlord) an email asking her if she thought she could get an explanation even though I know I would never win any kind of dispute with the electric company. She called and couldn't get through most of today, and she thought perhaps it was because other people might be having the same issue.

She said the bill I got in September (for July/August) had a notice on it saying something about pro-rating or subsidizing or some God damn thing, basically saying that the bill was going to be sort of spread out a little bit to accommodate the insane cooling bill one normally gets in summer. So much for my bliss in having a $600 bill back in September. I probably saw the notice but it meant nothing to me (because it was in Spanish and I was happy to have such a small bill). Anyhow, she told me she would keep trying CFE, because on top of everything else, this month's bill didn't have the usual kilowatt usage information they normally have. Interesting. I'll pay it Friday if I don't hear back from her tomorrow, like I said, I wouldn't win anyway.

But that is not why I am bitter right now. I am bitter because all FREAKING day the power has been going on and off. Yesterday for a little teeny while and then this morning for like 10 minutes and then it came back on but as a brownout and that was like for a couple hours and then AGAIN off for like 15 minutes and then back to full and then YET AGAIN for like 20 minutes and if I was paranoid I would SWEAR TO GOD THAT EVERYONE AT CFE IS OUT TO GET ME.

I better quit this while I'm ahead, Lord knows the minute I'm done the pinche power will go out again... It could be worse - I could live in the United States where it took victims of Dennis, Katrina, Rita and Wilma roughly 3 weeks AND LONGER to get their power back. And Wilma hit Cancun a hell of a lot harder than it hit Florida.

Okay, CFE. Sorry I called you a bad word.

4 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, December 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love reading this...I so look forward to new posts. Maybe it's because I was there in July and can picture what Joyce is talking about. Or maybe because it's like she's actually emailing to ME, which she does NOT, even when I send her msgs just to check in and say hi ;) I figured with Janet gone she'd be bored enough to write to me...lol.

 
At 1:51 PM, December 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot believe there isn't one comment on this blog about the fact the Ducks beat the Beavers, well didn't just beat them, humiliated them! You the biggest Duck fan of all don't care anymore? Please don't tell me you've become a soccer fan

 
At 2:05 PM, December 01, 2005, Blogger JJ said...

Um hello, Tootie ~ are you one of those not retaining? Please see my post entitled "Issue-I-Won't-Have-to-Live-With..." - I TOTALLY mentioned it!

Try getting PAC 10 Football that that has nothing to do with USC or UCLA in Mexicco...

 
At 8:06 PM, December 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joyce...OMG you are just as funny as ever. I have read, and in some cases, re-read almost all of your posts, and just found myself laughing myself silly......When are you coming back to rain soaked Oregon???? I would love to see you. It's not to bad, just in the 30's, strong, bitterly cold wind and freezing fog. What's wrong with that? Well, I'm off to Plush Pippen to order some Banana cream pie from waitress with the hickey. All the while remembering when we would drive in the Nova, screaming the words to "Home on The Range" and flying over the railroad tracks so fast, I landed in the backseat....How did we survive??? Take care of yourself...I look forward to each new day and a new post.......Jeri

 

Post a Comment

<< Home