Friday, November 25, 2005

Happy One Year Anniversary to Me

So yep, as of today I have been in sunny Cancun one year. Boy did it go by fast. In that year I have:

Met some really cool people that turned out to be complete wackos

Met some really wierd people that turned out to be really cool

Figured out how to function with a love/hate relationship with such utility companies as Cablemas, Aguakan, and CFE

Observed my brain go from sharp as a tack to slighty mushy

Realized that I CAN deal with some bugs, so long as I have the right tools handy

Forgotten how to drive a car

Picked up a lot more Spanish

Discovered that not using high end hair product on a daily basis will not make my hair fall out

Been gearing up to the fact that the pedicures I will again get from Ha at Nails Express will never involve the bliss that is the honey/sugar massage that I get at Dharma Spa

Drank more coffee-from-home, Cristal Negra, Sol, Cafe Ole and Cristal water than I ever will again

Eaten more tacos al pastor, beef in oyster sauce, egg rolls, sushi with cream cheese in it for no apparent reason, tamales, granola bars, tacos de cameron and Kinder Buenos than I ever will again

Exposed a lot of grey hairs (a LOT)

Taken too many "showers" by dumping buckets of water over my head

Read too many books by flashlight or candlelight

Seen too many episodes of the same season over and over of ER and The Gilmore Girls

Spent far too many afternoons napping in a hammock

Sweated enough to have lost 138 pounds and yet, haven't

Realized that if 68 degrees is cold to me now, what hope do I have for surviving winter in Portland?

There's more, it's early. It's been an interesting (and fun, no doubt) year. Maybe I'll have another.

2 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, November 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel I must warn you before and (if) you return that HA is no longer at Nails Express......

 
At 4:10 PM, November 28, 2005, Blogger JJ said...

OKAY HOLD ON JUST ONE MINUTE.

First of all, who is this anonymous commenter who brings such bad news? Do we know where she went? Is there any more to this story? And worse, DO I HAVE TO SUBMIT TO THE WEAK-BONED HANDS of those nameless, faceless girls that used to come and go as the weeks turned into months?

Put this in the "con" column on the t-chart that is deciding my return to Portland...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home