Monday, November 28, 2005

No Ha? It's not a laughing matter

My sister Shelia just informed me that Ha is no longer at Nails Express and frankly, I am bummed. There are a lot of reasons why I want to stay here, add another one to the bunch. The honey/sugar foot massage at Dharma Spa is bliss, even if you get that one girl who does a pedicure in under 30 minutes and doesn't ever look like she is actually happy to serve. Why do I never get Wendy anymore? You would think with the way I tip they would be tripping over themselves to get to me. I am just happy that Lulu is back to doing my eyebrows; Monica may own the store but Lulu is the waxing queen.

Okay enough of that. So where was I? Yeah, Joan and Roy got in and I went over on Saturday afternoon and had a couple beers with them. Didn't stay long. Saturday night Laura and I went to Corona Bar as it was their first night open since the storm. As far as actual customers, we were 2 of 4, but just in case, they had 2 DJs and the music was BLASTING. It was fine for the couple of gangsta rap songs they played (choice selections from "The Chronic" and that "California" song, is that TuPac? Can't remember, I'm 40), but the rest of it was that crap that sounds like the same thing over and over again with the electronic bull shit and nobody really "playing" an instrument. I hate that shit. By 9:30 we were outta there. Apparently 2 hotels brought some folks on over, but that was after 10 (and past my bedtime) and they apparently stayed until 6am or something. Whatever, live the party life, bra.

In keeping with my never-ending freakish fascination with Latin gangs in Southern California, I have been keeping up with this blog and one of its links. It's great fun. Not sure why that has any relevance to anything but I thought I'd share.

My brother Brad and his wife Lisette had a baby today, Mae. I learned this from my sister-in-law Jill. That's fun, huh? My mom's middle name is Mae (she never liked it). Go Irish.

Um... what else? Today I went to VCI with Laura (legally) and laid out. We had some cloud issues but I think I got some color. I better have, I want Janet to be all jealous of me when she gets back and sees how bronzed and golden I am next to her pasty-white-United-States-in-the- Winter skin. And that way too when she lays out for like one day she will be tanner than me. Great. At least I will have my one brief shining moment...

Okay, that's it, I thought I had more to contribute but I really don't. Oh yeah except that my electric bill came today, and dig this: it's from 12 Sept to 4 Nov, right? My a/c took a dump on like 30 Sept, and before that I was using it like 1-2 hours a day if even that, and then the storm came and I had NO POWER SINCE 20 OCT. So you are trying to tell me that in the 18 days that I had a/c it jacked up my electric bill to $983 PESOS?! Are you KIDDING ME?! Something is wrong, desperately wrong, but how can I fight CFE? I can't. Chump White Girl gets screwed in Mexico, Chapter 15. Such is the life.

But with Ha no longer at Nails Express, how can I ever go back?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home