Thursday, December 15, 2005

Tengo miedo and other ramblings

Welp, I did it. I sent an email to my boss's boss to see about work. Terrified, not sure why. I guess I usually expect to hear the worst news. Now I have to sit around and stress about the reply.

It's been touch and go weather-wise and I have not been to VCI. I know I should. Yesterday my not-getting-better ear infection was killing me so I stuck around close to home, and that's okay since I was cold anyway.

Joe comes home today. Yesterday I got a text message from Sergio asking if he thought maybe Joe had forgotten about him. I told him "no" but I am not sure what the plan is for work. That just makes me sad. It hasn't been that long, but then again it seems like forever since the storm.

I'm sick of being inside and only running out for small errands. I am going to give this weather a little bit longer to see how it's going to turn and then perhaps I will set off to the club, in regular street clothes with a suit in my bolsa.

Happy Birthday today to two of my brothers, Joey and Tom. Joey is 56 and Tom is, what? 43 maybe? Also Feliz CumpleaƱos to Arturo. December birthdays, they always seemed like the potential to get gypped was peeking around the corner. I mean, look at Joey - he got Tom for his 13th birthday...

Nancy invited the whole IWC to volunteer to go to our sponsered charity's Posada on Saturday. I think I want to go. I haven't responded to her email yet because I didn't really like the way it was written. Kim says she finds Nancy's New York-ness enjoyable, but I don't know. I don't think she intends to come out so gruff, or maybe she does. I volunteer for everything just about so I am not feeling defensive. But I think I might like to do this, so I guess I will go and respond to the email now.

It is important to everyone here that I get out of this house and do something for longer than an hour today. I bet you are aren't even fired up to read anymore. I don't blame you. You think YOU'RE bored reading this, imagine how I feel!

2 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, December 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joyce, I think Joey got quite the nice gift for his 13th birthday. Tom's is a heart of gold as you know.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 7:51 PM, December 18, 2005, Blogger Laurel Rubia said...

We are not bored reading, don't apologize so much girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home