Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Thoughts while I freeze

It's just really cold in my apartment. I swear when the temp hits below 75 I just freeze. Of course we have no heaters here unless they are part of your a/c unit (I think Laura's a/c unit has a heater on it), and I'm not kidding you, if I had one it would be on right now.

So no beach today, and I was supposed to go to VCI for dinner tonight but I begged off. I am a bit concerned due to karma, but I will be over there tomorrow. Money is a horror for me right now. I worked something out with my landlord today thank God, so I feel a little bit better, but before I did I was feeling like I shouldn't be using money to taxi over there and back. And the good Lord knows for some reason I just won't take the bus. I wonder why that is? I could take it home since it drops me right on Coba and La Costa, but I don't know... It's also been a pain in the ass to get a taxi from the ZH these days.

I spent most of today writing pieces for a site that I am working on with Kim. It feels good to make my head think again, but it's also kind of challenging. I feel like I accomplished some things. Actually I really did because of the whole landlord situation as well. I guess I should be pleased with that.

I am really wrapping myself around this whole moving back thing. I need to draft a good email to my old boss (well, my boss's boss) and pitch for work. I hope it won't be an issue. Victoria mentioned March might be better, and that would be nice if I could mosey back to Oregon (via California or Dallas) but seriously I don't have the money. So even if I didn't start work until March, at least sitting around (somewhere, where?) in Oregon would be less expensive than hanging out with Jill or Maria. It always takes money, doesn't it?

I shouldn't be bummed that the situation is how it is - the only real set back I ran into was lovely Wilma and my stupid overly generous spirit. But it's a happy thing that I did, so I won't fault myself. I think (no, I know) things will be okay.

For the next few weeks anyway, I will just concentrate on spending time in the sun. I really doubt I will see much of it after I get back.

Enough of the morose - how about a picture? Haven't posted one in a while, so sorry.

Okay I just tried to upload a picture of my new sobrina y sobrino, but it didn't work and I don't want to bother with it.

I will leave you with one thought: HOW MANY MORE TIMES ARE THEY GOING TO REMAKE KING KONG? For the love of Pete! Take the blond starlet-du-jour and the ability to mkae a better monkey and everyone wants to see it... AGAIN. I so am not falling for it.

3 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, December 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joyce it is in the low 20's here so get used to it. Icy conditions on 217 and Allen overpass. Chris can support you for a while so until you find a job here you can lay over in sunny Yorba Linda and ease the transition from the tropics to the frigid NW!!!!

 
At 6:30 PM, December 14, 2005, Blogger Laurel Rubia said...

It is damn cold here isn't it? I was actually thinking about putting on PANTS and maybe even SOCKS!

Did you eve play a video game called Rampage? You could be King Kong in it and smash your fist into the sides of buildings and eat all the people inside. But you could also smash busses driving by and eat all the helpless, hapless blonde bimbettes out of them...might be just the right therapy to get you over your bus thing!

 
At 8:20 AM, December 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JJ - I'm with "anonymous" - there's been snow on the ground since Thanksgiving and friggin frigid here in the NE!! My heat bill will definitely go over 100 bucks this month - ugh! It's supposed to go up to 35 this weekend! Yippee - I'll put on some shorts & pretend it's 75!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home