Sunday, December 25, 2005

¡Feliz Navidad!

So it is Christmas Day and all around the supermanzana my vecinos are sleeping it off. Christmas Eve (Noche Buena) is the big day around here, lots of parties and families getting together to celebrate with music, fireworks and piñatas. Joe, Janet and I went over in the family truckster to Raul's mom's house last night and had pizza and snacks. Raul's mom is in DF with his fiance and his brother and Raul could not go due to work commitments, so he was smiling a lot but you could tell he was pretty sad. He told me he wanted an inflatable doll for Christmas so I can imagine he is feeling a little, how shall I put it? Lonely... He was only kidding around of course, Raul is a good boy.

Driving home through the ciudad was traffic-free but there was music and the smoke from fireworks all around. I got home around 1am, tired, went to bed. I wanted to stay up a little longer listening to the sounds from my neighbors celebrating, but I couldn't keep my eyes open. I prefer to have noise around me when I fall asleep, for some reason I sleep better with the sounds of revellers in the back ground.

Friday night's party at John's house was fun. He has a beautiful house out in Los Alamos, and he had quite a turnout. Elizabeth, Susan and I drove in with Kim and Arturo, and we spent quite awhile there. At 3:30 we apparently were not yet ready to go home, so a bunch of us trundled into two cars and went over to Ave Yaxchillan and hung out at Cielito Lindo (wow, memories) for a while. Then Steve and I ended up next door at some after hours place and by the end of the whole ordeal I was just getting home at 6am to the (maddening) noise of birds chirping. I hate that. Nothing worse than going to bed when the birds are just waking up.

The late night of course turned into a sleep-fest over here in Los Picos #4. Joe and Janet went to watch some football but I just felt like chilling and sleeping, and they came to get me around 8pm last night. Oddly enough I am ready to face the day (hammock) and make some jambalaya later.

Barbie is at Maura's in Poulsbo, Tom and Mom will be at Shelia and Jim's house for dinner today, Chris and Jill, and Brad and Lisette are doing their family things, no idea about Joey, Pat might be in Califas already getting ready for the Duck's bowl game (Go Ducks! That's for you, Tootie!), Lord knows what Benny is doing in Colorado, perhaps skiing. As for me, it is Christmas in Cancun and I intend to lay in the hammock and watch bad TV, alternating it from time to time with the Simpsons dvds and Anchorman.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF MY READERS! Here's hoping you get what you want, even if that means peace on earth and in your home, whereever that might be ~

1 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, December 25, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy the hammock and don't wear out the buttons on your remote today! My big plan for the day is to turn on the dishwasher and maybe even the washing machine. I rented a Coen Brothers movie to watch (with that doll George Clooney in it). I also have to play some Soundgarden really loud to get back at my neighbors for their midnight to 7 am karaoke party!
- Kim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home