Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Flashback - just for content, shits and giggles

Final Two Weeks – Back to VCI

Sunday February 5, 2006

I moved into VCI again on Saturday the 4th. My room is a ground floor unit in building 6, and as I suspected, I have bug issues already. Woke up Sunday morning around 5am and found an upside-down cockroach in my bedroom doorway. It’s not a big one, but when has that ever mattered? It’s still laying in there, I am not quite sure what I am going to do with that at this point, since the good Lord knows I am not going to pick it up. No maid service today, either, but I guess I can find a maintenance guy somewhere to get it. I am half hoping that it came from one of my own suitcases, just so that I don’t have to think about another one coming in. Perhaps on my way up to go to the supermarket I will discuss the situation with the front desk. Love admitting what a wuss I am.

Anyway, Saturday was kind of a drag here. I got in here around 2:30 or so, after my IWC meeting which was after my ferry ride over from Isla Mujeres where I stayed with Victoria for 2 nights. Janet and Joe dropped me off with all of my bags and I went about the business of moving in. I have a lot of crap. I will be staying here sola until I move next Saturday, and then Sunday the 12th Cyndi will be coming. At least I think she will.

I sat on the patio about mid day thinking maybe Rhonda and Kathy were just playing a joke on me and really were coming, but as the day turned into evening and then night, they never showed. I spoke to Kim on the phone a couple of times, but other than that just chilled and made some soup and watched network TV. I didn’t go see anyone, and I will really probably only do that by circumstance. Already ran into DJ in the lobby, and of course, she asked where the other two were – I have no real explanation for it beyond “I don’t know why”, but I feel like they will all look at me as if I did something to make them not show up. I know that I didn’t (well, nothing that I am aware of anyway) but it’s that whole I-don’t-want-anyone-to-feel-sorry-for-me thing. I have a lot of hang-ups.

This morning, since I was up and staring at the not-quite-dead body of a cockroach at 5am, I went out and sat on the beach from about 5:30am to 6am. Drank a cup of coffee and stared at the ocean. It’s going to be very far away from me very soon. I wonder how I will handle being so far away. I just stared at it and tried to absorb it, tried to make a little bit of it seep into my blood stream, into my pores. I think I’ll try to keep that up.

As for now, time to put some clothes on and get myself down to the Walmarts and get some food into this villa. If I can knock it out early, I may be able to get some sun before I head out to watch the Super Bowl at Caliente with Joe and Janet. Full daylight now, I better get moving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home