Thursday, March 02, 2006

BWB - Blogging While Bitter

Probably not such a great idea, BWB, but it's happening so get used to it.

I just set up a "wireless" DSL modem over here at Barbie's. Now, if I recall correctly, and I know I am right about this, but back when I lived in a third world country, there was wireless internet that Joe had through Telmex that was very simple, and he didn't need to do any major installation with horrendous multi-colored wires and phone filters and blah blah blah. Because EVERYONE IN THE US DOES SHIT TO MAKE THEM THINK THEY ARE IMPORTANT, apparently QWest decided to jump on that bandwagon and make this wireless modem situation a gigantic pain in my ass. I had DSL back in the house of cards, and gave it up for cable internet after a few months because it sucked ass, and so now, the jackasses at QWest appear to have given Barbie something that she didn't want, probably because they knew she didn't know exactly what it was she was looking for, and because they had a million of these fucking things laying around the QWest warehouse. BECAUSE IT'S JUST STUPID.

Okay anyway, as of right now I am not pirating internet from anyone but Barbie, so we'll see how this goes. I am afraid that when I sign off and then sign back in tomorrow I will have to go into the office and jam the yellow ethernet cord into the back of my laptop to juice up - but I don't know so I will report on that at a later date.

Yeah so I started work at Transnation on Tuesday the 28th so that my benefits were effective March 1 (which I am not sure how that works since my "new hire packet" is still in my desk drawer. Do they backdate? Not sure, not in the mood to ask right now). Tuesday I pretty much did nothing but shoot the shit with Michelle, who came from First American as well, but like a year ago. Yesterday more of the same but at least I was able to get on the internet and the phone and make some phone calls. Got an order from Keith, that was good. Today was a bit better in that I was able to get even further into the system and get on the escrow system and make MORE phone calls and actually even got a voicemail box and made a couple of appointments and set up a client on Transnation's customer service dealio.

I also stopped wearing hosiery because that just sucks. That was too much too soon if you ask me. I don't know what I was thinking. Though I was forced to finally shave my legs, believe me, it was worth it not to have to strap myself into those horrid things.

I am just really really cranky right now due to the DSL situation. So here you go, the long awaited update to what is going on here in the tundra. Thanks to Kim for sending me pics of the bougainvilla, I needed that. I have no tan left, network TV is WORSE than it ever was (I find myself MISSING Sony!), and everyone here is either on meth (seriously) or so severely fake and materialistic that it makes me sick. I am constantly frowning, when you can see past the chattering teeth. It's great. I'm signing off now because this can't be fun for you - it certainly isn't for me. Now all I have to do figure out whether to watch American Idol, Skating with Celebrities or E TV's special on celebrities reproducing, because isn't that what is most important to us Americans? Watching celebrities? Don't we all care? SHOULDN'T we all care? I am so disenchanted.

1 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, March 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you Joyce. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home