Monday, February 27, 2006

T-1 day

So today I went shopping for some work clothes and I hate everything that is out there. Seriously. I bought two pair of slacks and then a sweater at Target for God's sake. And that took me in the neighborhood of 3 hours. Sucked. On top of that it was raining off and on so that didn't help.

Whilest browsing for shoes at Meier and Frank I ran into Alonso and Elsa who own Casa Colima in Hillsdale. Alonso used to be a manager over at Azteca, the bar I used to frequent back in another life, and Elsa cleaned my house. They opened up Casa Colima about mid-2004 and they catered one of my going-away parties at First American back in November 2004. Of course the only people I know at Washington Square are Mexicanos. You would think I would know a ton of other people there considering I have lived here for pretty much 30 years of my life...

Elsa had just come back from Colima herself, and they asked me how it felt to be back. I told them the truth of the day - not happy about it. Want to go back. Want to have never come back here. She put it pretty plainly to me, and her explanation made sense to me. She said that in Mexico the pace is slower, and here, so many people and things are just... fake. Somehow it just doesn't seem genuine to me here. I don't know if that feeling will change for me when the sun comes out again, but for now, I am feeling pretty gloomy.

I met later with Wayne at the new job, and he gave me my offer letter. I met another marketting rep, this one a lender rep who seems to be on the same page as me. We'll see how it all goes. I think it's just a matter of getting back into the swing of things. I think it will be okay. I am not nervous or anything, just feeling like how many more times am I supposed to go through this. I suppose I am most curious about how this branch is going to take to me. And how it will feel to wear hosiery all day.

I need to pt myself in a better frame of mind tonight and I am not sure how to do that. I suppose I will report back later with an update of the first day back in the "real world"...

5 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, February 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow Joyce - especially with the panty hose! :-)
Keep us posted about life in the ¨other¨ world.

 
At 8:28 AM, February 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you - there are NO good clothes to be bought out there these days! I am running out of places to attempt shopping at. Welcome back to the working world...I'd be gloomy if I was you too! Nice and grey and rainy to boot.

 
At 11:15 AM, February 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck. I know things will be fine and you will enjoy the starbucks more than you know.

 
At 1:51 PM, March 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you made it through without getting any runs in your hose. We're all pulling for you!

 
At 2:05 PM, March 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss my joycee and i'm having withdrawlssssssssss

 

Post a Comment

<< Home