Monday, February 05, 2007

The light of day

Okay, so I had the opportunity (MADE the opportunity) to give my opinion of the events of Friday night to the offender. Oddly enough it was well received. I had agreed to dinner as an early birthday celebration Saturday night early in the week, so I spent a lot of time debating on whether or not I should live up to that obligation. I compromised and told Becky I would go to dinner, but I would take my own car, so that if the others felt like going out afterward, I would be able to just go home. Also well received.

We went to dinner at the Melting Pot downtown, and good Lord that's a food orgy. It was good, but I can't see going back very often, if for nothing else than the complete avoidance of the vat of cheese pre-entree and the vat of chocolate for dessert. But it was good, and since I had made my feelings clear earlier in the day, I left after dinner - which started at 6 and ended at 10! Either our waiter was unrealistically slow, or the whole event is supposed to take that long, but rarely do we spend 4 hours at dinner here in the States.

Also went this weekend to the new(ish) Grande market in Cornelius. It used to be a Hank's, same owners, but to serve the needs of the Spanish-speaking market, they changed over. It still has plenty of white-people fare, like any supermarket, but I have to say I had a couple of moments in there. The candy section was a LOT like the ones in Cancun, with all the old standbys, as was the cracker aisle, the soda aisle, the cheese section and the panaderia. I will go back. It's nice to know where to go to get the stuff you need.

Other than that, watched the Super Bowl here at home, sola. It was good to watch the Bears lose if for no other reason than I didn't think they played well. I am happy for any Bears fans out there that they got that far, but frankly, the wheels sort of fell off from where I was sitting. So there you go.

Not much else to report, and I am already going to be "late" to work, so I am off to complete the get-ready process. Oh my how I love Mondays. The good news is that when I leave work around 5pm it is still a bit light out, so that's something to look forward to. Still waiting for my news, but I am finding that patience is a very good trait to have.

Also thank you to my friends who have supported me on and off the comments area as a result of Friday's post. I do know who my friends are. Sometimes I think we can all use a lesson in that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home