Sunday, January 21, 2007

Nothing new to report

I haven't posted in a while because there is NOTHING GOING ON. I have decided, however, that having SOMETHING going on is almost worse than nothing. I went out with Becky on Friday night, something I have been sort of doing off and on, and though we have some fun, it pretty much ruins the whole next day because I don't go to bed until like 4am. This time it was 4:30. We went out and ended up at Mandarin Cove (it used to be the Trianon) which has become Becky's local. I actually sang, if that tells you anything about my state of mind. Not to mention we met these two white guys and ultimately ended up at MY place, not good since I never have anyone in here and lately I have not had a keen eye on keeping it clean. Especially the floors. The floor in the bathroom, specifically. I shed. A LOT. And no, I didn't have sex. The guy I "ended up" with looked too much like Jared from Subway to me and I couldn't get past it. I mean I made out with him a little but it was only out of boredom. And Becky was making out with the other guy on my sofa and frankly the only way I could see getting these guys out of my house was by making out a little and then pushing them out. Which I did. At 4am. Lord.

Consequently that set the stage for my Saturday. One would think I would have popped out of bed and gotten to scrubbing the floors but no, I got up, drank three pitchers of water and lounged most of the day away. My car was still over in Becky's lot (not far but far enough) so my only goal of the day was to go get it, which I did at around 5pm. See?

So the snow thing was minor enough. Heather drove me to work again on Wednesday (the streets still had issues) and we worked all day, and by Thursday it was fine enough for me to get my own car out of the lot. Back to normal. Now there is some snow but just that ugly patchy stuff on barkdust and areas that don't see much sunlight. I gotta say this has been the coldest winter we have had since I can remember, but that might not be saying much, because I tend to block unpleasant thoughts. So maybe it's always like this. I don't know.

Work has started to pick up a little for me, which I think is good, but I am still very disheartened. The stupid girl who doesn't like my clothes is coming back on Monday - she doesn't work in my branch but I am not sure if she will be in touch with me. I need to figure out how to handle her. Like do I confront her? Or do I ignore her. If she calls/emails, do I just tell her I am too busy for her? I'm just not sure. Maybe after I finish cleaning I will sit down and think about it.

Because I DID pop up this morning and clean the bathroom and the kitchen. Now I just have to sweep and vacuum and scrub floors. You can see why I'm blogging. But I will. Even if I WAS drunk and that guy DID look like Jared, I was still mortified to have him in my house.

2 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, January 21, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're soooo funny!

janie

 
At 8:50 AM, January 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now thats why I check every hour on the hour to see new posts.
I was at the trinon friday 2..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home