Thursday, December 21, 2006

I want Souplantation, gosh dang it

So I'm pretty hungry right now on account of the last couple nights being late ones and being tired and cranky makes me want sustenance. So Heather and John and I discussed our options and landed on Jesus Teriyaki, but after some contemplation over a cigarette I decided to break a cardinal rule and MAKE A DECISION THAT IS NOT WORK-RELATED. I told that Heather we should go to Sweet Tomatoes (which was Souplantation in California and so therefore will always be Souplantation to me). John resisted, but after describing in great detail the soups and the bread products and pasta choices, he relented. Plus, since I only make decisions that are work-related, he realized that history was being made and so now we are going to Souplantation at 11:30. Seriously going to start chewing on skin here in a minute.

So anyway, that Dave E was here and we FINALLY went to dinner Tuesday night. At like 8. We met at Bridgeport Village (roughly mid way between where he was clear the hell in Clackamas and where I live in God's country) and had some grub and then went in to the bar and I didn't get out of there til like 11:30. It was a blast, truly. I really like those guys, and it's a bummer that they live in flipping Wisconsin. His birthday was yesterday, so happy fucking birthday, Dave.

What else? Okay, yeah, last night Becky and I decided to go get sushi and then afterward swung into Ernesto's for a cocktail or 8. Went back to her pad at 10 or so and I didn't get home til 1am on account of all the Harry Connick Jr. That was much fun as well. But you know, I am not getting any younger and I have to get up so dang early, I am just FIRED UP about going home tonight, putting on the house clothes, and doing NOTHING.

Work is slowish just because I am hurrying up and waiting on a bunch of files, it's cool, not that much in the mood to work. Tomorrow we open our little Christmas stockings and get presents. Presents are fun. I tell John John that every day because I am hoping one day he will actually buy me something.

Okay look, it's almost 11:30 and you know what that means. You are no longer my central focus. Sorry.

1 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, December 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very bummed that I wasn't the Becky to go have sushi with you, but, maybe next visit.

Hope you had a great lunch!!

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home