Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Where's the fire?

Thanks for updating, kiddies.

I really don't have anything to say this morning except it's like 30 out (like 0 to you, Elizabeth) and I left my "coat" at work and I am sick of scraping ice with no gloves and this morning my fire alarm went off just as I was getting out of the shower. That was fun. Nekkid me jumping up and down waving an Eddie Bauer catalog under the smoke detector to make it stop because there were no obvious flames. Much like a car alarm, nobody ran out of the other apartments to see what was wrong (my apartment has one of those universal alarms that I assume go to everyone's apartment in the event of peril). Of course, neither did I. You know, in case it was someone esle's apartment that was on fire.

It's wierd because it couldn't have been steam from the shower (well, it could have been). I left my thermostat at like 60 last night so when I got up this morning the fire was going (my heat source is a gas fireplace) so I wonder if that was it. Needless to say I moved it back to like 50 after the keening wail from the alarm stopped. I am doomed to freeze to death in this apartment I guess.

Lastly, before I go finish my bathroom get-ready process, yesterday I was out scraping the ice and snow off my car before work and my next door neighbor came out to her car and said, You're back! I just looked at her. Back? And she said, you've been gone a long time, haven't you? I haven't been "gone" since September. I guess I really AM turning into a hermit.

I hope the car starts this morning. It's flipping COLD.

2 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, November 29, 2006, Blogger My Way said...

Thanks for the translation.

 
At 8:57 PM, November 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh durn it, your RSS feed is working again dearie, random event I'm sure. Sorry it's so cold there, I'm thinking hot sweaty sun for you.
- K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home