Sunday, November 19, 2006

That corn thing

I just tried to send an email to Janie and for some reason Yahoo mail is doing some funky stuff so I am not sure if she got it or not, but in it I told her I would post the corn thingy recipe. So here you go (quick note - unless you tell me this is a secret family recipe, I will share any recipe someone gives me. If it is truly deemed a secret family recipe and for some reason you give it to me or I take a picture of it with my camera phone when you aren't looking, don't worry, I am good about not sharing it. Especially when I can't read the picture from my camera phone. Janet.).

Corn casserole (I really don't know what it's called)

16 oz can of corn - drained
16 oz can of creamed corn
1 cup sour cream
1 stick of butter or margarine, melted
1 box of Jiffy corn muffin mix (apparently it HAS to be Jiffy)

Mix all ingredients together and pour into a greased casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Note: Christine bakes it for I think 35 minutes and then sprinkles cheddar cheese over it and then bakes it the rest of the way. I like it with the cheese but if you are single and have this thing in your fridge for a few days and are sort of picking at it, the cheese thing gets to be a bit much. I think when I make it I will omit the cheese. All that sweet corn goodness is just fine on its own.

Enjoy!

8 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, November 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum Yum Yum!!! Now if I only had an oven! LOL!
Beckla

 
At 1:38 PM, November 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Joyce, that sounds delicous ... I would make it for Turkey Day but I'll be having Thanksgiving in Cancun ...
yahoo!

janie

 
At 1:40 PM, November 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, I did get your email, did you know the Steelers beat the Browns today?
HA!

janie

 
At 3:03 PM, November 19, 2006, Blogger JJ said...

Janie you act like that would surprise me!

And Beckla, trust me, I feel your pain... I lived with a stove top only for just over a year and then the last month even the stove top died!

 
At 8:37 AM, November 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I send you a drunken email or something, i know im a horrible person but geeeze to announce it on your blog...
I hope you have a happy slaughter the american indian day..

 
At 9:13 AM, November 20, 2006, Blogger JJ said...

No silly, you shouldn't feel so paranoid... it's not about you. Unless when you refer to yourself you call yourself "her"... hmmm... should this be discussed?

 
At 9:18 AM, November 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didnt tell you im a pre'op transexual..
errrh
just kidding

 
At 6:46 PM, November 20, 2006, Blogger JJ said...

You'd think I would have noticed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home