Friday, November 03, 2006

Not much, but at least it's something

Month end never did go away, so I am just as busy as I was on Monday and Tuesday, though today might be okay. I had Terri, a floater, helping me out, which was good I guess, I won't complain. You know, you might think this is a good thing but I resent that it takes away from my chat time during the day, and plus I can't get stupid, mundane things done, like book airfare or write the rent check. Me me me... big surprise.

Anyway the rain started on Thursday and I just don't think it is ever going to go away. Rain here is underlined by cold so it's not like rain in, say, Cancun, which has a warm underlining. Here it is to the bone. I am not kidding you, I had my heat turned up to 80 last night because I couldn't feel my hands. Now that I think about it, I first started feeling my hands again when I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom.

Something to be said about the heat in this apartment: I think I mentioned it before, but the heat source for the whole apartment (besides the bedroom) is the gas fireplace. It heats up the living room but it seems to have some trouble making it to the dining room (mere feet away from the living room) and the kitchen. So depending on how cold you are, there is no walking away from the fireplace in the evening. The bedroom has electric baseboard but I don't like heat in a bedrooom so I haven't turned it on (and don't plan to). For now, cranking the heat to 80 just keeps the apartment at around 68 (unless you are standing in front of the fire).

I am not complaining, I just need some gloves I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home