Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Remembering last year

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Here we go again...
Went to the new Walmarts today and it wasn’t that busy, busier than normal but there was no bread left. It’s getting windy but that’s just wind, and the latest prediction is that it will hit around 11am on Friday. I’m bummed as Victoria comes in on Saturday, airport permitting.
This is supposed to be a gigantic one and right now it’s heading for us, let’s keep our fingers crossed and hope it takes a turn to some other direction other than ours. Let’s also hope that there isn’t a lot of major devastation in the hotel zone (or elsewhere). This just sucks.My windows are still taped from Emily and I am going to stay at Janet and Joe’s, who haven’t yet signed the contract on the new condo just in case their (our) place of employment blows down. That would surely put a damper on things.Gonna go take a nap, working again tonight – I am now working Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights, and last night I went to bed at 3am again, same as Monday. Too freaking old for any of this shit.Hang on tight!
posted by JJ @
1:38 PM 0 comments links to this post

Elizabeth reminded me today that a year ago today Wilma became a hurricane. I read her blog and her thoughts about that time. It gave me an eery feeling. I went back to my archives and read the above, so I thought I would do a little cutting and pasting for you.

I guess the official date is October 22, right? I mean it really lasted three full days, so when do you commemorate the anniversary? All I really know is it sucked, and you may see some devotion to that wicked woman (Wilma, not Elizabeth) in the next few days.

Also today marks my 8th month back on US soil. I was cold all day, I lost one of my rings going for lunch with Keith at the Red Robin, and found out that I am $61K in the hole to close this subdivision. I wish it was sunny.

I will make a plan, I have to.

2 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, October 18, 2006, Blogger My Way said...

You are so much more eloquent than I am. Calling her "wicked" versus "bitch". Thanks for you blog and thanks for helping me put the dates and events together in my brain. Crazy.

 
At 8:02 AM, October 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is supposed to be 70 by Sunday :) Wouldn't think so by the looks of it out there this morning though, would you?! I remember worrying about you last year while you were riding out the storm!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home