Thursday, October 12, 2006

Response to Brad's comment (it's just easier this way)

I just don't know how you people do it over there in the midwest. For God's sake look at a calendar, it is only OCTOBER. Snow?! How can you not be just collectively pissed off right now? Summer hasn't even been officially over for a month yet. I would be just sobbing right now if that were my forecast.

Brad is referring to a caricature of a boss some of us had. One day SS and Alice F and I were at Macaroni Grill having some grub - I don't know if they do it at the ones here or still do it at the ones there, but they have butcher paper on the tables and give you crayons. I just started doodling, and it turned out to be pretty darn good. We ended up tearing the picture off the rest of the paper and taking it back to work with us. The year was 1995.

I imagine it sat in someone's drawer for a long while before resurfacing. A while ago, maybe 3 years ago or even more, someone, either SS or Brad himself, emailed me a scanned copy of it, but I don't think I have it anymore. I had pretty much forgotten all about it, but I was impressed that it was still out there somewhere. I wonder if SHE ever saw it, or worse yet, heard about it. I think if someone drew a caricature of me I would almost be flattered. But then again, I don't mind it when people call me "monster".

Since it has been floating around for 11 years, maybe you should consider laminating it. Just to preserve it for future NCB employees.

Thanks for the comment, Brad, I'm glad I left SOME kind of mark over there!

4 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, October 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Macaroni Grill!!! Forgot that existed. It's even up in them there north of Vancouver Canada. Imagine that!

I would like to see this picture. I think I've seen joyce scribble a bit on messenger but this sounds like a serious masterpiece!

Find it. Scan it. Post it.

 
At 8:00 AM, October 15, 2006, Blogger SS said...

WTF...where'd the other comments go? I left one yesterday. Strange!

 
At 8:01 AM, October 15, 2006, Blogger SS said...

Ooopss...I just found it on the last post!! Lol must drink more coffee!!

 
At 9:23 AM, October 15, 2006, Blogger JJ said...

You're losing it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home