Thursday, September 28, 2006

Make the Signature GO AWAY

That's it, my hand has been forced.

I was cruising the Coach website this morning (since it's month end and there is NOTHING to do...) (I'm SO fired) (so why again am I looking at handbags?) and all I can say is, I give up. They should just stop calling it Coach and start calling it Signature.

I am not trying to be offensive to anyone who may have a Coach Signature line handbag or accessory. This is a matter of personal preference. And MY blog. So yeah, I hate the Signature line. HATE it. And that Coach website is nothing BUT Signature. It sickens me. They even snuck some Signature items in the "Classics" area, which is really where I prefer to shop, since I think a lot of the bags are just way too busy (even the ones withOUT the big C all over them) and I don't think I could pull of suede fringe at work. Or zebra. What the heck is ZEBRA about?

The only, and I mean only, purse I could have probably lived with on that site this morning was in pebbled leather, and let's face it folks, I quit Dooney & Bourke 8 years ago. I love them, don't get me wrong, but Coach was everything I ever needed in a handbag. Now? Not so much.

So as much as I hate to say it, it's time to move on.

I don't even know where to begin.

I do like that Michael Kors enormous green bag that I got a few months ago (might just be a tad TOO big since it has been sitting on a chair in the dining room since June when I brought it to Cancun)... maybe I'll look there. Or Marc Jacobs... definitely not Prada or Louis (too many knock-offs - it's what drove me from Dooney oh those many years ago).

Well, it appears I have some work to do this morning, then. Hope you all have an enjoyable day.

p.s. Don't tell Janet what I'm doing.

11 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, September 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm telling Janet now you are so going to be PUNISHED for being a bad girl! I am disgusted with you right now!
SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 8:49 AM, September 28, 2006, Blogger JJ said...

I'm not afraid of you.

 
At 10:43 AM, September 28, 2006, Blogger JJ said...

Yes.

 
At 10:53 AM, September 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I bet you that Scary Becky is Scarier than Scary Joyce?

 
At 2:47 PM, September 28, 2006, Blogger JJ said...

I am willing to bet my money on Scarey Joyce. Seriously.

 
At 2:53 PM, September 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure about that. I expect it out of you but Becky is just so sweet and innocent that when she does snap it's quite scary.

 
At 3:00 PM, September 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm not willing to pit Scary Becky against Scary Joyce.

But I do like coach handbags - but not the ones with writing on them!

 
At 8:27 AM, September 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I happen to like the signature line. I'll tell you why. If you are going to spend $500 bucks on a purse, you better be sure that I want everyone out there to KNOW that I spent that much on it and that it IS a Coach purse. The signature line makes sure of that. Now the others....rather plain jane, and while not ugly, I can go buy a look-alike in the store and pay like only $20 and no one would know the difference. You can go ahead and say, "Well I would know the difference." Yes, yes you would, but isn't fashion about other people looking at you? Cuz if thats not important, everyone would just wear jeans and white tshirts with clogs and fashion wouldn't exist.

If you're trying to tell me that people don't relish in name brands and like to show it off your wrong. So like I said. Go on with your Coach fetish (just not now cuz Janet will kick your ass) but flaunt it, show it off. Thats what $500 is for.

 
At 2:05 PM, September 29, 2006, Blogger JJ said...

Here's where we're different. While your theory is valid for the countless fashion obsessed, it does not apply to me when it comes to my Coach "fetish". When I spend $500 on a purse, it's because I like the purse, like the brand, and like the style. It is not because I want people to SEE that I spent $500. If someone needs to see a "C" all the hell over my purse to know what a Coach bag looks like, then I don't WANT them to know. If a person sees my purse, doesn't think of it as anything other THAN a purse, and it's the furthest thing from their mind to ask me how much it cost, that's even better! Those of us who like Coach, know Coach, and that is all that matters.

 
At 4:00 PM, September 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! My point was, if you can buy something that looks like coach for $20 dollars and no one knows the damn difference... why not do that and save the rest up to move to F'n Cancun already!

 
At 6:22 PM, September 29, 2006, Blogger JJ said...

Because. I know the difference.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home